Charming Chateau on 4 Acre Estate In Burgundy
In a beautiful and natural setting, surrounded by four acres of glorious grounds, Château De Fremont is a charming château ideal for family holidays, a reunion with friends or a romantic wedding in an ideal location in rural Burgundy.
The château has a fascinating history; it was built in 1900 for a famous French actress by her lover, giving it a true air of romance. In World War II the château was sold to the Red Cross and it was used as a war hospital for French and British soldiers. In more recent times it has become a delightful and comfortable holiday home as well as an ideal setting for special celebrations.
The vast four-acre estate is wonderful for walks through the gardens and forest, angling in the fishing pond, playing some of the giant garden games or tennis with the kids or simply relaxing by the private swimming pool followed by a barbecue.
Inside, the interiors have been...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Château De Fremont is part of a small commune with just the château and two farmhouses. A small village is around 3km away whilst a village with a restaurant, grocery shop, boulangerie and butchers is just 8km away in Épinac. The château is an excellent starting point for exploring the local area and taking part in a wide variety of activities. It is located south-east of the Morvan Natural Park between Autun and Beaune. Beaune (38km), Autun (20km), Nolay (13km), Chalon-sur-Saône (40km), Dijon (80km), and Château-Chinon (60km) are nearby and provide many kinds of touristic and cultural opportunities: museums, festivals and exhibitions. The area also includes numerous châteaux and other historical sites, including world famous vineyards and wine cellars where you can taste and buy excellent Burgundy wines by the bottle or ‘en vrac’. The château has all the information needed to plan your trips. There are also excellent walks available around the château, with many trips starting there. They range from 4km upwards depending on how strenuous you want the walk to be, but all of them will provide stunning views and sights. The Morvan Natural Park is the perfect place for walking and would be ideal for you to bring a picnic. There are also some great outdoor activities across this region. The nearest golf course is in Autun, an excellent 9 hole course which is 20 km from the château and 18 hole courses can be found in Beaune at 40km, Chalon at 40km and Dijon. Angling is also very popular in this area and the château can obtain a permit for you should you wish to do this. There is plenty for children and families to do in and around Burgundy including visiting a zoo, an adventure park, going go-karting or making pottery. There are also excellent restaurants suitable for families. Children also enjoy spending time at the château and making the most of the swimming pool, the tennis courts, the play area and the many ball games that they can play on the lawns.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : 2020/2021: €750. From 2022: €1250 - paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m. (late check-out fee: €400, unless agreed with the owner).
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Extra €75 per day, paid locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes (see below re. pool towel charges).
- Pets welcome? : Maximum two pets up to 7kg on request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Changeover day : Saturday during July and August, flexible otherwise. Weekend stays between Friday and Sunday only.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €250, paid locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Minimum stay : 3 nights.
- Pool towels included? : Pool towel rental is €10 per person which also includes a bathrobe and slippers. Please request in advance and the fee is payable locally.
- Other Ts and Cs : Wood for the wood burner: €35 per m3
- Other Ts and Cs : Advertised prices are for up to 32 guests and include the château only. The Coach House sleeps an additional 22 guests and is subject to availability and tailor made quotes. The Coach House may also be rented out separately (other guests would not have access to the château grounds).
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges. Please note that the maximum group size for weddings is 84 guests.