Villa Poggio at Toscana
Lovers of food, art, and wine will find holiday perfection at this villa in Tuscany. The panoramic views of Chaina Valley - Cortona, Montecchio Castle and more - will inspire you. The villa consists of three separate units decorated in easy country style, and is surrounded by a two hectare garden with meadows and olive trees. Children can play freely here, by the pool, in the garden, or in the natural forest of ash, oaks and old cypresses.
Inside the villa, recently uncovered frescoes speak to the history of the home. Here you’ll you reconnect with friends and family over unforgettable food and wine (Paola, the owner, recommends you try the olive oil that is produced on-site.) There’s space for all to dine together on the terrace, or in the dining room of the main house. The impressive chef’s kitchen makes feeding a crowd a cinch - even better if you arrange catered meals.
The best art and culture of Tuscany can...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Visitors to Tuscany come for many reasons. Many come in search of fine art and others to explore the extraordinary countryside. Gourmets and wine buffs descend on Tuscany to enjoy the simple but wonderful cuisine and wine. Walkers enjoy the mountain paths, cyclists the rolling hills, and summer vacationers the sea coast and islands. Students come to learn the beautiful Italian language and culture. From the Etruscans to the Romans to the Renaissance, Tuscany is possibly the greatest repository of art in the world, from extraordinary paintings and sculptures to frescoes and architectural masterpieces. This captivating region is a hub of Italian life, boasting the finest dining, the finest wines and breathtakingly picturesque scenery. Villa Poggio is located in Lucignano, an old medieval hamlet at the entrance of the Val di Chiana, close to various cities of art and culture in Tuscany and Umbria. It is only 20 km away from Cortona, 25 km from Arezzo, 45 km from Siena, 80 km from Florence, 60 km from Perugia, 75 km from Assisi and 60 km from Orvieto. Lucignano is an ancient village in southern Tuscany located at the top of a gentle hill in Val di Chiana. It borders the provinces of Arezzo and Siena, and it represents one of the most extraordinary examples of a medieval town with its concentric elliptical ring roads. Guests who walk in its maze of streets will have a sense of pleasant fun. Every corner is worth a visit and a photo. The upper part of the town includes the Town Hall, with its museum full of precious objects, the Church of S. Francesco, filled with frescoes by Bartolo di Fredi, the Collegiate Church and the Church of the Society of Mercy, with its unique museum. Lucignano is a favourable location in a dominant position at 414 meters above sea level, in the Val di Chiana on the road between Siena and Arezzo. It is an area of historical importance since ancient times. Today, the central location and proximity to major roads and railways makes the town extremely interesting as a starting point for visiting the most important historical and artistic sites in central Italy. The town has the charm of an ancient village that has preserved the traditional agricultural and craft and offers the visitors an exciting range of products: high-quality extra virgin olive oil, honey wine and Chianina meat. The region is also famed for its furniture, carvings, ceramics and jewelry.<b> Location </b>- 20 km away from Cortona - 25 km from Arezzo - 45 km from Siena - 80 km from Florence - 60 km from Perugia - 75 km from Assisi - 60 km from Orvieto
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Wheelchair access
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : 500€ payable in cash upon arrival (will be refunded at the end if there are no damages)
- Arrival time : 4.00 pm
- Departure time : 10.00 am
- Energy costs included? : Heating is not included, it is calculated according to the consumption
- > If not included, what are they? : heating
- Linen & towels included? : Linen and bath towels are included in the rental price
- Pets welcome? : Pets are allowed
- Changeover day : Saturday
- Insurance : Included in the rental priceIt is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi/Internet access
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and any other special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.