Manoir De La Gauguinier at Normandie
Located at the edge of a river in a small valley, this 16th century manor house has been recently restored and features an original thatched roof. The exterior amenities include a large terrace, a garden equipped with outdoor furniture and 2.5 hectares of grounds. Manoir De La Gauguinier is located just 5km from the small town of Haye du Puits which offers a good selection of shops and is 40km south of Cherbourg. Other nearby towns include Coutances (30km), Ste Mere Eglise (25km) and the Landing Beaches (Utah).
The beautiful Manoir De La Gauguinier, set in spacious century old grounds and surrounding countryside, offers a glorious feeling of stepping back in time to a part of France where time passes by unnoticed and very little ever changes.
Manoir De La Gauguinier is unique in this part of Normandy, having been built in the 16th century as a fortified house during the Huguenot rebellion. This history can be seen in the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The manor house is only 35km from the port of Cherbourg and 5km from the small town of La Haye du Puits which has a busy Wednesday morning market full of local produce. There are also numerous restaurants, a large selection of over 100 shops and three supermarkets throughout the area. The chateau is located in an area of amazing wildlife interest with numerous marvellous walks and cycle rides in the Marais natural park. Visitors can see crested cranes and herons, deer, goats and even wild boar in the Mont d'Etenclin hills. Another great way to see the Cotentin on the beach is riding, with several stables in the area. The huge beaches are also ideal for many seaside activities including sand surfing. The town of Portbail, 5km from the chateau, also offers sailing and water sports, or simply the chance spend the day fishing on the river. Cherbourg has a renowned 18-hole golf course, while Barneville-Carteret and Agon-Coutainville have 9-hole golf courses. The D-Day Landing beaches at Ste Mère Eglise and Utah Beach are 25 km from the chateau, with the infamous Abbaye de Blanchelande only two km away. Portbail is a quaint little port complete with a 13th century arched bridge and 12th century church where you can get ferry trips for a day in one of the Channel Islands.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Wheelchair access
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : 750 €. This is paid 4 weeks prior to arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Arrival time : from 4 pm to 7 pm.
- Departure time : 10am.
- Energy costs included? : Included.
- Linen & towels included? : Included.
- Pets welcome? : Pets allowed in the groundfloor only.
- Changeover day : Saturday or anyday of the week in low season (Octob. to April).
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included. Please leave the property in the state that you found it. 2 hours of mid-week cleaning is also included in the price.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking in the property.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.