Chateau De La Marquise Thesut at Bourgogne-Franche-Comté
The 19th Century Chateau de la Marquise Thesut sits in an exceptional position in the heart of Southern Burgundy, just a few minutes from Chalon-sur-Saône. The property is set in a beautiful wooded parkland boasting ancient trees, an orchard and a heated swimming pool.
The Chateau de la Marquise Thesut houses 7 luxury bedrooms, each with an en-suite bathroom, a gym, a cosy living room with fireplace, a dining room and a fully equipped kitchen. All the living areas open out onto the pool terrace creating an extremely sociable space for all to enjoy.
A 200m drive through the apple orchard takes you to the château entrance and the spacious courtyard with space for 8 cars. Surrounded by hedges, greenery and century old trees, the chateau offers complete privacy to its guests.
The two round towers add to the charm of the place and will fascinate lovers of historic buildings. In the living room, the dining room...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
The nearest town to the chateau is St Marcel (2.5km away) which has a few shops. Chalon sur Saône and the Carrefour Hypermarket is 5km away. The historic town of Beaune is only 37km away and the wine route is 10km away. <strong>Things to do:</strong> - Museum of Photography – Chalon-sur-Saône (5 kms). - Hospices de Beaune – Beaune (37 kms). Famous for their auction of wines each year. - Château de Couches – Couches (32 kms). Clinging to its rock, the Château de Couches soars up amidst the green and rolling landscape of the vineyards of the ‘Côte Chalonnaise’. Today it is possible to visit the chapel, the prison and the square dungeon that goes back to the 12th century. - Château de Cormatin – Cormatin (42 kms). Built in the 17th century on the remains of a 13th century castle, the Château de Cormatin is without a doubt one of the most elegant châteaux in Burgundy. - The Hérisson Falls – Jura (90 kms). Two streams join to make a series of waterfalls, each one more beautiful than the last. - Cluny Abbey – Cluny (56 kms). - Fun Park des Combes – le Creusot (45 kms). - Green Way – Chalon-sur-Saône (4 kms). From Chalon-sur-Saône to Charnay-les-Macon, tens of kilometres of old railway track have been converted into a cycle track. Surrounded by rolling landscapes, alternating between vineyards and forest, this flat Green Way lends itself perfectly to cycling, rollerblading or simply walking! The track goes through several attractive villages and you can also admire sites such as Cluny and Cormatin from it. Acrogivry – Givry (15 kms). At Givry, 6 hectares of oak trees are reserved for adventures in the tree tops. More than 18 circuits and 150 aerial games have been created for visitors from young children to really tough adventurers.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 3:00 p.m.
- Departure time : 9:30 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Tax : For 2019 bookings there is a tourist tax of €1.00 per person per night.
- Tax : The tourist tax is included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that access to and use of the property is restricted to the guests on the booking and is subject to the maximum occupancy stated.