Luxury Historic Chateau on 105 Acre Estate with Pool and Gardens in Western Loire Valley
Chateau Crystal is a luxurious 19th-century chateau rental in a magnificent 105-acre estate located in the western part of the Loire Valley. It is surely one of the most spectacular chateau rentals in France, offering a 22-acre private lake, lovely island, wonderful lakeside terrace, swimming pool, palatial lawns, gorgeous gardens and woods full of wildlife.
The Chateau has been extensively renovated and sumptuously decorated with beautiful antiques and rich fabrics. Although majestic with its dramatic, double carved-stone stairway in the entrance hall, and elaborate 16.5 foot ceilings throughout the main floor, the Chateau is warm and welcoming.
With an elevator servicing all four floors, access to the reception rooms, dining rooms, chapel and the gorgeous en suite bedrooms available for Guests is easy. Open log fires, internet, Wi-Fi, are available and housekeeping and laundry services can be arranged.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
There are lovely walks amongst the gardens, around the lake’s 2.5 kilometer shoreline, and through the woods. The swimming pool and adjacent pool house offer delightful relaxation in or out of the sun. Excellent carp fishing can be enjoyed in our lake. Wine tasting, golf, horseback riding, bicycling, river boat tours, museums, churches, restaurants and shopping are all nearby. The Chateau is well situated just 20 minutes from Angers with its great shops and restaurants. Angers is 75 minutes from Paris via TGV, and the international airport in Nantes is about an hour away. There are many other delightful villages to visit nearby. Enquiries from location agencies, location scouts and location managers are welcome as the Chateau is also available as a castle location rental for film, movie & television productions, TV series, commercials, and fashion shoots, etc., in the Loire Valley, France. <b>Local Activities:</b> Sports & Adventure Activities Cycling Equestrian Events Fishing Freshwater Fishing Golf Hiking Hot Air Ballooning Hunting Pier Fishing Roller Blading Swimming Tennis Bird-wathcing
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Wheelchair access
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €2,500 to be paid directly to the owner no later than 2 months prior to arrival. To be refunded within 7 days after departure subject to inspection of the property.
- Arrival time : 4.00.p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00.a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes and firewood provided free of charge.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, excluding pool towels. Linen changed weekly, towels twice a week. Additional changes available for an extra charge (€25/set). Please bring your own pool towels.
- Energy costs included? : No
- > If not included, what are they? : € 300
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Changeover day : Saturday
- Changeover day : Monday - Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights from 1 May-30 September & Christmas/New Year period. 3 nights in all other periods.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Pets welcome? : Yes, only with the proprietor's written consent.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that clients will be provided with a copy of the owner's rental terms during the booking process. Contact us for full T&Cs.
- Other Ts and Cs : Advertised prices are for up to 15 guests only - additional guests can be accommodated in the château (up to an additional 13 guests) and the two apartments* at an additional cost paid directly to the owner, in order to accommodate up to 38 guests in total. Prices are approximately €70-€120 per person/per apartment per night. Please enquire for a tailor made quote. *The 2-bedroom apartment sleeps up to four guests and the 3-bedroom apartment sleeps up to 6 guests. Rental of only one apartment allows for a maximum of 4 guests.
- Other Ts and Cs : 50% of all extras must be paid to the owner at the time of booking. The remaining extras will be paid together with the security deposit 2 months before the arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : Chateau Crystal have their own experienced catering team and the use of any external caterers is on request and at the owner’s discretion. Please note that the Silver Dining Room is only available to guests who use the in-house catering service.