Charming 8 Bedroom Chateau on 32 Acres of Stunning Gardens with Heated Pool in the Heart of Loire
Listen to the church bells from the local village as you relax in the idyllic and historical surroundings of Château du Monastère in the Berry region, in the heart of the Loire. Set in 32 acres of stunning gardens and parkland, with a heated pool in the château’s orchard, the eight bedroom château offers beauty, serenity and elegance.
The château was built in 1835 on the site where there used to be a Benedictine monastery and the château’s orchard dates back to this time. Great care has been taken to ensure it retains its history and character whilst offering modern luxury living standards. The eight bedrooms have been designed gracefully using colourful rich fabrics, warm tones, beautiful furnishings and bright, modern bathrooms. There are three double bedrooms on the ground floor, all with en-suite bathrooms including walk-in showers and a further five double bedrooms...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Set in 32 acres of beautiful gardens and parkland, including the former monastery's original orchard, it's just a short stroll from the small local village (1km) where you can pick up your morning bread. Just over two hours from Paris, this is a sleepy and peaceful area and there are some wonderful towns to explore locally. You will be sure to find a vibrant French market nearly every day at one of the nearby villages or towns within a fifteen minutes drive. The area of Berry offers an extremely diverse choice of tourist attractions, including the seven secret gardens, most of which are within an hours drive of the chateau. The magical gardens of Apremont sur Allier (25km) are particularly noteworthy and offer a delightful day discovering flowers, trees and plants from all over the world. Sport lovers are spoilt for choice with a great range of activities nearby including fishing, golf, horse-riding, windsurfing and some lovely cycle rides along the banks of the Loire or canal tow paths, following the ‘Loire a Velo’ routes. The world famous racing circuit of Magny Cours (44km) is just forty minutes by car, a definite must for Formula One fans and you will find some brilliant go-karting here as well. The exquisite cathedral city of Bourges (34km) can be easily reached within half an hour and if you visit in the spring be sure to check out the city’s music festival in April. The city is rich in historical and architectural delights and you can spend a very pleasant day wandering around its narrow cobbled streets discovering pretty cafes in charming squares or exploring the city’s peaceful gardens. Nevers (33km) is also an interesting town to visit with stylish shops and lovely walks or boat trips along the Loire. Whether you are a wine lover or just appreciate beautiful scenery, the wine region and village of Sancerre (55km) should also be visited. The medieval hilltop town has some delightful cafes, bistros and wine-tasting caves or head out to one of the outstanding vineyards to try one of France’s most popular wines.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 paid by bank transfer to the owner at least one month before arrival and refunded approximately 2 weeks after departure, subject to inspection.
- Arrival time : 4 p.m.
- Departure time : 10 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels. There is a surcharge of €25/week for each child above 16 guests.
- Pets welcome? : Well behaved dogs may be permitted, subject to prior agreement with the owners. There will be a charge of €25 per dog, payable locally.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi is available on the ground floor only.
- Pool heating charge? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open from May to end of October.
- Heating costs included? : No. A surcharge for heating will be applied dependant on usage.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings may be allowed on request. Stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that advertised prices are for 16 guests. An additional four children may be accommodated by prior agreement with the owner and supplements may apply. Alternatively, additional adults may also be considered on a case by case basis, subject to supplements.