Villa Montanare at Toscana
Set high in woodland hills above historical Cortona, this restored farmhouse provides a magnificent location for those who wish to enjoy peaceful, unspoilt, yet boundlessly interesting surroundings in great comfort.
As one drives down to the property you can’t help feeling a sense of anticipation: turning into a gloriously open space surrounded by trees, it’s difficult not to be overwhelmed by the stunning views to the distant mountains. Surrounded by 62 hectares of its own land, where you can enjoy glorious walks through the woods to one of the most spectacular views in Tuscany overlooking Lake Trasimeno.
The swimming pool is heated by solar panels (reaching temperatures of approx. 24°C-25°C) and sculpted organically into the side of the hill so the edge simply "disappears" (similar to an infinity pool!) into a spectacular panorama. Villa Montanare’s owner is an interior designer, so you can be sure that...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Niccone Valley The picturesque Niccone Valley is the perfect, central point from which to explore the hill towns of both Umbria and Tuscany. Located roughly midway between Rome and Florence, just north of Lake Trasimeno, it’s an easy drive to the historic cities of Cortona, Gubbio, Perugia, Assisi, Deruta, Montefalco, Spoleto, Spello, Todi, Montepulciano, Pienza, Siena, Umbertide, Città di Castello, Sansepolcro and others. The Niccone Valley is named for the stream that flows through it, spilling into the Tiber River at its eastern terminus near Umbertide. Part of the valley is in Umbria and part is in Tuscany; at either end are the Umbrian towns of Lisciano Niccone and plain Niccone, and a small section from Mercatale to La Mita is in Tuscany. A country road, route 416, runs through the valley, roughly parallel to the stream. The valley was a much travelled route throughout Italy’s history, and evidence of its strategic position can be seen in the castles that dot the hilltops, facing off from both sides across the border. Today the fertile plain is devoted to crops—winter wheat, sunflowers, maize, tobacco, alfalfa and vegetables. There are vineyards and silvery olive trees on the slopes and myriad shades of green in the surrounding forested hills. Farmers still raise animals and maintain kitchen gardens for their own needs, and the towns along the road supply what must be bought. Airports: - Perugia 60 km - Florence 110km - Pisa 190km - Rome 210km Amenities: - Nearest shops in Montenare are only 3km away - Larger supermarket at Camucia 10km - Riding and watersports at Lake Trasimeno 30km - Tennis club Cortona 15km Tennis: - Mercatale 8km Places of interest: - Cortona 15km - Perugia 60km - Orvieto 120km - Assisi 80km Mainline Station: - Camucia 10km
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £1800 credit card authorization required prior arrival
- Arrival time : 4.00 pm
- Departure time : 10.00 am
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Heating costs included? : Not included in the rental price, £370 per week
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Linen and towels included in the rental price
- Pets welcome? : Pets not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property
- Changeover day : Flexible in low season. Saturday in high season (other days may be possible on request only - please enquire).
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included
- Other Ts and Cs : Basket of logs included in the welcome pack
- Pool heating charge? : Included in the rental price
- Other 2 : The pool is open from 19th May to 15th September (possibility to keep it open for the final two weeks of September with no extra charge). Out of season opening may incur an extra charge
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.