Hilltop Estate with 35 Acre Hamlet and Pools in Loire Valley
<i>Featured in The Guardian’s Top 10 Best Foodie Retreats in Rural France.</i>
Your wedding or family holiday will be a true fairytale affair at this estate in the Loire Valley. Situated on top of a hill and covered in creeping vines, this Old World home has been renovated with the utmost care and taste. The expertly styled interior epitomizes the easy, chic sophistication of ‘art de vivre à la française’.
Guests stay in the six homes that surround the main manor house, each with private gardens and unique character. We especially love the ’Honey House’, originally used to manage beehives and extract honey, it’s now a 2 bedroom haven. Another house has a terrace overlooking the river - your large party will love having this 35 acre hamlet (and two swimming pools) to themselves.
Outside, the grounds slope down to the river, where you’ll paddle toward the nearest town or fish beneath the shade of a...
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Situated at the border of the Berry and Poitou regions and only one hour away from the Loire Valley, The Secret Hamlet sits on the top of a woody hill softly sloping down to the left bank of a beautiful river. The owners are happy to create personalised itineraries to help you discover Berry and the Poitou Region. History, antique chasing, restaurants, painting, gardening and cooking are all available on request. Activities on the property include canoeing, kayaking and fishing – permit available. Activities around the estate include rich cultural and historical sites, golf, hunting, horseback riding, tennis, cycling, walking, and fauna and flora in the Parc de la Brenne. The local village is 1.5 km away and has a bar/restaurant, a grocery store and a post office. Towns nearby include Le Blanc (11km), Argenton sur Creuse (45km), Châteauroux (65km), Poitiers (50km), Châtellerault (40km).
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €2000 paid via bank transfer to the owner at the time of paying the final balance and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.30 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price. During winter there may be an additional charge depending on consumption, payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : All linen and bath towels are included in the rental price. Linen changes possible, subject to charges, payable locally.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. Please note pets are not permitted when the estate is booked for a wedding.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days, including weekend rental, on request.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €50 per house, €25 per studio and €100 for Le Pailler/open-barn (and reception room if used), payable locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Not allowed.
- Insurance : The client must be insured with an insurance company for cancellations and his rental liabilities, bodily injury, personal injury, losses or property damage caused to the rented property or its contents or adjoining property. A copy of the insurance policy has to be given prior to arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : A rental contract is to be signed with the owner of the estate. A copy of detailed insurance policies (as indicated above) must also be given to the owner prior to arrival, at the time of paying the final balance.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Minimum stay : 2 nights in May and mid-September to mid-October. 7 nights during all other periods.
- Other Ts and Cs : If guests wish to self-cater or arrange their own private catering then a fee of €100 per day will be applicable to hire the open barn (le pailler), payable locally
- Pool opening dates? : Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.