Peaceful Historic Country Manor Home in North Wales
The property is a Grade I listed Jacobean Manor just inside Wales, near Chester, and about a mile from an attractive market town.
The house consists of an oak panelled central hall, complete with family portraits, for general entertaining with a drawing-room and dining-room directly off of it. There are four double bedrooms and four bathrooms on the first floor with a further three double bedrooms with two bathrooms on the second floor to accommodate up to a total of 14 guests. The house sits at the end of a long private drive, just outside a market town that is 1 mile away. It is surrounded by its own land to ensure complete privacy. Jacobean Manor is very much a family house providing guests with a unique type of weekend in unusual historic surroundings and complete privacy.
The house contains seven large bedrooms, all of which have their own adjoining en suite bathrooms. A feature of the top floor is the large...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The house sits at the end of a long private drive, just outside a market town that is 1 mile away. It is surrounded by its own land to ensure complete privacy. It is a 25 minute drive from Chester, 45 minutes from Liverpool, the European Capital of Culture, and an hour from Manchester. The nearest railway station is Chester, from which direct trains run to London and take 2¼ hours. The house is well served by Liverpool and Manchester airports. Taxis can be arranged to collect guests from railway stations or airports, as required. North Wales has a wealth of visitor attractions, buildings of historical interest, areas of outstanding natural beauty and leisure activities within easy driving distance from the estate. The owners recommend a selection of activities that can be arranged: - Massage and holistic treatments. - Clay pigeon shooting - the keeper will charge a fixed fee of £250 for the morning or afternoon and will provide the cartridges and clays at cost. - Displays of Falconry arranged through Cheshire Farm Falconry, approximately £70 per hour. - Archery Events - an archery party supplying all the equipment and targets, approximately £300-350. - BBQ - a 4-burner gas BBQ is available in a cottage in the house grounds. Also, there are garden seats and tables with a large parasol in the cottage, a refrigerator and cooking equipment, plates and glasses. - Pheasant shooting in season for up to 8 guns. This will require reasonable notice so as not to conflict with existing set shooting dates. The normal bag will be up to 100 birds. Outside the Estate, there are a number of attractions to consider visiting within easy driving distance. These are principally in North Wales and some ideas are provided for discovering North Wales. In particular, the Clwyd Theatre in Mold, only 3 miles away, is where guests can see live theatre or current film releases. The owners can provide the theatre's current quarterly programme.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Wheelchair access
- Building Elevator
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £1000 due one week prior to arrival. It will be refunded one week after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Arrival time : 16.00
- Departure time : 10.00
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : All linen and bath towels are included in the rental price
- Pets welcome? : No pet allowed
- Changeover day : Any day of the week
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included. Please leave the property in the state that you found it.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking in the property
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Internet access? : Yes (no Wi-Fi access available)