Villa Du Fleuve at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Villa Du Fleuve is a centuries-old authentic stone villa set romantically on the banks of the Dordogne river, 15 minutes east of the UNESCO World Heritage site of Saint-Émilion, which has been producing some of the world’s best wine since Roman times.
Just outside a tiny village with a boulangerie, a little lane cuts through Bordeaux vineyards. Head down it and through the sun-dappled vines and trees and soon you’ll find yourself at this oasis of beauty and tranquility in the middle of Aquitaine.
The villa has been recently renovated to a very high standard with many authentic details such as thick stone walls, exposed brick and beams providing guests with rustic charm and a character that invites you to do nothing but relax and indulge (only not necessarily in that order).
You’ll find four bedrooms and three bathrooms, it’s incredibly cosy and has a wonderful home-from-home feel that typifies...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The villa is an ideal vacation spot for wine lovers or those in search of a relaxing and memorable holiday in the tranquil countryside of the Bordeaux region. Whether arriving in Bordeaux by air or train, you are less than an hour away from the Villa. Guests can reduce the drive to half an hour by taking the TGV from Paris to Libourne. The quaint town of Saint-Emilion, a UNESCO World Heritage site and obligatory stop for oenophiles (aka wine lovers!), is only fifteen minutes by car. The fête du vin, held every other June in Saint-Emilion and Bordeaux, is reason alone to visit! The lively town of Castillon-la-Bataille, with twice-weekly markets and larger stores, is only a ten-minute drive away. The region is rich in wine and history, with dozens of medieval chateaux and thousand-year old churches dotting the hillsides. Restaurants running from the basic and hearty to high-end also abound in the area, with a nice mix of family-run establishments serving traditional fare and newer chefs putting a modern spin into their menus. The quiet riverside village is just a few minutes on foot, with a bakery, small grocery store and post office, whilst restaurants and a supermarket are within a short drive. A spectacular Bastille Day celebration, annual flea market and myriad of special events take place in the village, including a special Christmas market. During the summer months are three evening markets, where local goods, wine and gifts are for sale - you'll also find some long picnic tables where the community gathers to celebrate well into the night! Luckily, you can just stroll home from the festivities if you're starting to feel the strain of too much food and excellent wine!
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Wheelchair access
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €700 paid via bank transfer to the owner 4 weeks before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m. onwards.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Pets welcome? : Small dogs on request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, an additional €500 security deposit is payable.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €200, deducted from the security deposit. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Saturday from May to October, flexible during all other periods.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.