Gorgeous Graceful French Château In Simply Stunning Location in Esterel National Park on French Riviera
This graceful French château is in a simply stunning location in the Esterel National Park on the French Riviera just minutes from the beaches of the Mediterranean. With fifteen elegant bedrooms and five beautiful reception rooms, this is the perfect place for a relaxing family retreat, a special celebration or a majestic and romantic wedding.
Villa Amalie was dreamed up by Lord Amherst at the beginning of the 20th century, much of the charm and character still remains to this day such as the antique furnishings, the grand staircase and of course the lovely views from the bedrooms of mountains, forests and the sea. Recent renovations have brought the villa back to its former glory with added modern amenities such as a heated swimming pool, gym, home-cinema room and pool table plus air-conditioning and WiFi throughout. The atmosphere here is one of romance with a strong sense of history in this dreamy location.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Business Facilities: Meeting Rooms
Outdoor Dining Area
Located in the Esterel mountains with direct access to the Esterel National Park, Villa Amalie is only five minutes drive from the medieval village of Fréjus with its Roman amphitheatre and charming seaside town of St. Raphael. In both places you will find some interesting shops, fantastic restaurants and a good choice of bars. Don't miss the twice weekly Provençal market in the old town in Fréjus, a wonderful place to pick up fresh local produce. Those looking for sporting and cultural activities are in a prime location. The Golf and tennis Club of Valescure is just five minutes away by car and trekking and mountain biking can be organised in the Esterels. Sailing, wind surfing and kite surfing are available nearby at Agay Plage and St. Aygulf. Sailing trips to St. Tropez and the Lerin Islands are available daily and fishing and diving trips can be arranged. The fashionable city of Cannes (35km) is within easy reach, here you can take a walk along the city promenade in Cannes, La Croisette, as you soak up the glitz and glamour that surrounds you. The city has a brilliant nightlife, some superb restaurants and a great choice of lovely sandy beaches, both public and private. To discover Cannes from its days as a fishing village, head to the narrow labyrinth of lanes in Le Suquet, where the fishermen and their families used to live. Nowadays it has a magical atmosphere with pretty restaurants, bars and shops for visitors to enjoy. Other delights of the French Riviera are easily reached such as historic Grasse (45km), in the hills north of Cannes, known for its perfume heritage and fields of lavender. Alternatively, drive south to the family friendly beaches and pretty town of Sainte Maxime (27km) and then onwards to prestigious St Tropez (42km) or during the summer months leave your car in St. Raphael and take a boat or even charter your own private yacht for the day.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Wheelchair access
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : A security deposit of 15,000 euros is required. This cheque will be returned at the end of the stay if no damage has been caused.
- Arrival time : Flexible.
- Departure time : Flexible.
- Energy costs included? : Energy costs are included.
- Linen & towels included? : Towels and bed linen is included.
- Pets welcome? : No pets allowed.
- Changeover day : Any day of the week.
- End of stay cleaning included? : End of stay cleaning is included, on the condition that the villa is left tidy and reasonably clean.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outdoors only.
- Insurance : An insurance policy will be required for the duration of your stay. We can assist with arranging this.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : There are separate hire costs for the commercial kitchen and the Tower Suite should you wish to use them - please enquire.
- Minimum stay : 2 nights, except July and August when 7 nights.