Villa Buona at Umbria
A 14th century church has found a second life as this modern villa in Umbria. Pale pink stone walls rise above the green countryside outside Spello - this is your holiday oasis. Your hostess Andrea has decorated the interior with treasures from her travels (and great taste); everywhere you’ll find eclectic furnishings, rich rugs, and colorful artwork. This sense of fun interplays beautifully with the dignified archways, made of ancient stone.
The lawned garden is a carefully kept paradise overlooking rolling countryside. Lounge beside the little swimming pool, looking out to the hills beyond (sunset here is a special treat). You’ll find romance inside, too - the country kitchen seems like the backdrop of a still life.
This villa nestles against the city walls of Spello, between the gates known as Porta del Mastro and Porta Prato. The cobbled streets of Spello are enchanting, and not usually traversed by tourists....
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The region of Umbria is known as the ‘green heart of Italy. It is one of the finest holiday destinations, not only in Italy but also in the whole of Europe. Umbria is a land of spectacular, pristine, and largely rural landscapes, rolling wooded hills, mountains, valleys, and sublime art and architecture. Only a 20 minute drive from Perugia and just 8 kms from Assisi, the birthplace of St. Francis, is the enchanting hillside town of Spello. Quiet and elegant with excellent restaurants famed for typical robust Umbrian cuisine and fine wines, Spello is the ideal base from which to discover and explore this extraordinary part of Italy. Within easy reach are the famous hill towns of Orvieto, with its legendary cathedral, Todi, Città di Castello, Gubbio, Perugia, Spoleto and the highly praised wine producing region of Montefalco. For those who are adventurous, outdoor activities abundant in the area. There are many historical buildings in Spello.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 payable in cash, upon arrival
- Arrival time : 4.00 pm - 7.00 pm
- Departure time : 10.00 am
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Linen & towels included in the rental price
- Pets welcome? : Pets are not allowed
- Changeover day : Saturday
- End of stay cleaning included? : €180 per each week paid in cash locally
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property
- Minimum stay : 7 nights
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking inside the villa
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included