Amazing Grand 9 Bedroom Manor Home with 6 Acres and Pool Outside Soustons.
Set in six acres of private grounds, Manoir Mer et Lacs is a traditional and grand manor house set just outside the picturesque village of Soustons. With the Atlantic ocean and ‘Lac de Soustons’ both so close, you have the best of both worlds, making this Basque home ideal for family and friends of any age.
Built at the beginning of the 20th century and carefully restored in 2002, this is one of the largest houses in Soustons with nine spacious bedrooms, most of them en suite, a traditional grand reception hall and living room, a beautiful dining room and a billiard room. Throughout you will discover many original features such as oak floors, marble fireplaces, impressive high ceilings and a stunning oak staircase.
Step outside to discover the large heated swimming pool, a shaded terrace with its summer kitchen perfect for al-fresco dining and a wealth of activities from the tennis court to football, volleyball...
At a glance
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Tennis Courts: Community
Outdoor Dining Area
Manoir Mer et Lacs is set in six acres of grounds, just on the outskirts of Soustons, in the Landes department in south-western France. You can walk to the centre of the village in about 1km, where you will find restaurants, café-bars and supermarkets on the outskirts for everything you may need. Look out for festivities from spring to autumn, including the lovely spring festival with its tulip parade in April. You can also enjoy some of the typical cuisine of this region in traditional restaurants and farms in this area, as well as summer markets in local villages and towns. This is a great position because you are close to both the huge lake, Étang de Soustons (3km) as well as the Atlantic coast with the beach around 10km away. Around the main lake you will find a number of watersports such as sailing, pedalos and paddle-boarding as well as kilometres of walking paths and cycling trails through peaceful countryside filled with wildlife. Nearer the coast there is also a marine lake with superb beaches and shady pines near the dunes of the Atlantic, an especially lovely place for younger kids to splash around without the Atlantic waves of the coast. Again, there are some lovely walks around here and parts are only accessible by foot or bike. The Atlantic beaches are also fantastic and surfing is a popular pastime here due to the brilliant waves and tides. There are surf schools here or for the less adventurous just enjoy the amazing surroundings and stunning pine forests, ideal for picnics and walks. Further south, the beaches of Seignosse, around 15km away, also offer long sandy beaches, surfing spots and one of the best golf courses in France. Just twenty minutes south, Hossegor is another hot-spot for surfing and there are some great shops and lovely cafes and restaurants, many of them cool surfing hang-outs. Lac d’Hossegor also offers wind-surfing and paddle boarding. Following the coast further south, you reach the beautiful beaches of Anglet, the picturesque inland city of Bayonne (44km) and the glitz and glamour of coastal Biarritz (55km). A little closer to home, Dax (27km) is a spa-town dating back to the Roman times, famous for its hydrotherapy. The town is full of history and in the heart of the town is the ‘Fontaine Chaude’, an impressive warm fountain and is now a ‘<i>Monument Historique</i>’. In the middle of August there is a huge festival with bull-fighting, traditional Basque <i>pelota</i> and huge parties as well as fireworks and family-friendly activities.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 paid to the owner on arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes (linen is changed mid-stay).
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool opening dates? : All year round. However, please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool heating charge? : Pool heating is available on request approximately from June to end of September for an extra charge of €50/day, paid locally. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).