Impressive Grand Castle with Glorious 360 Panoramic Views over Bristol Channel
This impressive 17th century Castle is a Grade II listed detached hill-top property enjoying glorious 360 degree views over wooded North Somerset countryside on one side and across the Bristol Channel to Wales on the other. The castle is situated at the end of a private road high above Clevedon golf club. It makes the perfect holiday retreat for guests wanting to stay in-style while exploring Somerset, local attractions and the beautiful surroundings, it also is a fairy-tale like venue for those planning a special celebration or corporate event!
The castle has 8 en-suite bedrooms with the main part of accommodation housed across 4 levels in an octagonal keep, sitting in the centre of a beautifully maintained lawn and cobbled courtyard. On arriving through the main entrance, steps take you up to the impressively large kitchen with beautiful circular granite dining table. There is a spiral staircase down to the lower level, in...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Chef Services: Available for additional fee
The castle occupies an unrivaled position above the Victorian seaside town of Clevedon. The outlook from the castle is breathtaking in all directions. The immediate views are over the surrounding private grounds, elevated above Clevedon Golf Course. Beyond this, the views stretch to the south and west over the Bristol Channel towards Wales and to the north and east over the local countryside. Nearby attractions include Clevedon Golf Course which surrounds the castle grounds. The River Wye and Blagdon Lake are conveniently placed for fishing. Horse racing is available in Chepstow and Wincanton, as is sailing on the Bristol Channel and Chew Valley Lake. The castle is perfectly situated to the west of Bristol with excellent access to both the M5 and M4 motorways. Bristol International Airport, with international and domestic services, is 12 miles to the south. Regular train services run from the nearby station at Yatton (3 miles) to London Paddington, taking 90 minutes.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £1000 paid through bank transfer. This is paid prior to arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Arrival time : 4 pm onwards.
- Departure time : 10 am.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price.
- Linen & towels included? : Linen, bath and pool towels are included in the rental price.
- Pets welcome? : Please enquire.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included. Please leave the property in the state that you found it.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking in the property.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Other Ts and Cs : High cot and chair are available on request