Claire Barn at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
This converted barn is now a delightful holiday cottage in Charente Maritime , just a short drive to the market town of Saintes. Whilst a quiet and peaceful country retreat, the much loved family home is within close proximity of many of the region’s main attractions.
Warm and inviting, the open-plan floor space boasts a cozy living room and dining area beside a stone fireplace, with a book and DVD library to make yourself at home. The adjacent family room doubles as a game room for some indoor fun, and includes a sleeper sofa to sleep two extra guests in addition to the three charming bedrooms upstairs.
The spacious farmhouse kitchen is fully fitted with modern appliances and a breakfast table, with French doors leading out to the large, sunny garden. Outside, an acre of mature and secluded gardens filled with lavender, rosemary, and bamboo will delight the senses, while the private pool will help make the most of the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
There are two small, quiet villages within a few minutes by car; Chermingac (3km) with a small, simple grocery shop and café-restaurant (which tends to be open for weekday lunches only and closes early evenings except Fridays when pizzas are served) and Rétaud (4km) which has a good boulangerie and butchers. The closest town with further facilities, Saintes (10km), is a large provincial town with designer shops, cafes, a weekly market and restaurants and is only 10-15 minutes by car from the villa. At Royan you can laze on long stretches of safe sandy beaches on the Atlantic Coast, which is only 20 mins away from home. There are plenty of cafes and restaurants along the promenade and local shopping too, such as Timberland, Esprit, D&G, Christian Lacroix and Benetton. There is also a beautiful Carousel for the children and a small fun fair. Further beaches can be found at Meschers with secluded coves and children play areas. Further along you will find a wonderful zoo at Palmyre for a whole day out. There is a wide range of animals and they provide good entertainment with regular shows. The seal and whale show is particularly amusing. La Rochelle is home to a large and exciting aquarium and has plenty of designer shops and galleries to keep you occupied, as well as many cafes and restaurants. There is also a large Casino, beautifully kept gardens and a park in which you will come across a children's mini zoo. As you leave La Rochelle, you will see signs for the toll bridge directed to the Ile de Re. This is a beautiful island with sandy beaches and clear sea. It is easy to cycle around, as bikes can be hired and the island caters to the cyclist with plenty of cycle lanes. Cognac is within half an hour by car and is worth a visit. Supermarkets can be found in nearby Saintes. Many supermarkets opening on a Sunday will close at midday and they are very prompt.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £300. The security deposit is paid to the owner 2 weeks prior to arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Arrival time : From 15.00 PM
- Departure time : Before 10.00 AM
- Energy costs included? : Included.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- > If not included, how much to hire? : Towels£15
- Pets welcome? : No pets allowed.
- Changeover day : Sunday.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Pool towels included? : No.