Amazing Historic 8 Bedroom Chateau in Languedoc
Immerse yourself in a piece of French history, this 12th century chateau in Languedoc. Here your wedding or celebration will be defined by royal grandeur - whether you’re amid the grapevines or beside the ancient tower walls, this is pure Old World fantasy. The walls here once guarded against the Pope’s forces during the Albigensian crusade in the 13th century; though this chateau has braved war and fire, it still stands tall.
Feudal lords and ladies have wandered these halls, and it shows; decorated with antiques, family portraits, and vintage wallpaper. Out on the grounds you’ll discover the private heated swimming pool, the orangery, and terraces for outdoor entertaining. Wherever you wander, the scenery is picture-perfect. Even the underground spaces are singular - the wine cellar is fit for a sommelier.
Your holiday chateau is a short drive from Narbonne, a medieval city on the Canal de la Robine. Explore the...
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
The closest airports are Carcassonne (50km) and Toulouse (150km). The nearest town is the medieval town of Narbonne. Explore the old town, the quartier de la Cité (look out for the old Archbishops’ palace, the Gilles-Aycellin donjon and the archaeological and art museums) or the attractive pedestrian street of rue du Pont-des-Marchands. You can take a boat trip on the canal de Robine. Or simply watch the world go by at one of the many cafes on the boulevards. Good local restaurants include Lo Cagarol in Aigne (5km), Les Oliviers in Bize-Minervois (6km), Le Picou in La Caunette (7km) and Le Relais Chantovent in Minerve (10km). Local activities include free access to the tennis courts in the village, a 4 seat plane which offers amazing views of the region from above, parachuting in Argeliers (10km), canoeing at Roquebrun (40km), bathing in the river Cesse, the seaside resorts of Gruissan and Narbonne-plage (30km) and the Sigean African Reserve that consists of a 180 hectares park with many animals including lions, elephants, giraffes, gazelles and ostriches. Beziers is a lively, bustling, but equally pretty medieval town. Enjoy the view from the terraces near Cathedral St Jacques, visit the public garden (le Plateau des Poètes), stroll through the old town or along the Canal du midi or jump on a canal boat. The Cathedral of St Nazaire and the Roman amphitheatre are definitely recommended. Carcassonne, the ancient walled city, is also worth a visit. It's bursting with history: see the walled city with ramparts and towers, the Eglise St Nazaire (enjoy amazing views of the Black Mountain and the Pyrenees from the top of the tower!) and the chateau Comtal. For a more adventurous day out, visit the ancient Cathar city of Minerve, where you can wonder at its breathtaking canyons, natural bridges, vineyards and ramparts. Check out the stunning views along the white chalk cliffs.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 paid in cash to the owner on arrival and refunded on departure day subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Pets welcome? : Yes, on request only and with prior agreement with the owner. Cats aren't allowed as the owners have two dogs.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Yes.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Pool heating charge? : No. The pool is heated from mid-April to mid-October. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Changeover day : Saturday in August. Flexible during all other periods.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights during July, August and September. 3 nights during all other periods.
- Heating costs included? : No. Central heating is charged at extra cost. However, logs for the fireplace are provided.
- Other 2 : Free wood logs for the chimney are included for heating the property.
- Other Ts and Cs : The solarium is heated from mi-April to mid-October.
- Other Ts and Cs : Wines of the chateau available in the cellar of the castle (to be counted at the end of the stay).
- Other Ts and Cs : Small weddings of max. 70 guests are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges. Stag/hen parties and other special events are not allowed.