Elegantly Restored Stone 6 Bedroom Chateau with Pool
Chateau Asturias, a castle in Languedoc-Roussillon, brings together medieval and Indonesian elements to create a refined home steeped in history. The dramatic raised stone swimming pool sits near a 12th century original wall, and a Zen-like garden and teak-wood poster beds will make you think of the island of Bali.
This chateau on the edge of Aragon, a pretty village with many amenities, is only a walk away from a four-star restaurant. In this part of the south of France, you’re near the rivers of the Pyrenees for canyoning or rafting, and an hour’s drive to the Mediterranean coast at La Franqui. Carcassonne, with its weekly markets and hillside medieval citadel, is even closer.
Elegantly restored, the Chateau Asturias has six luxury bedrooms that can sleep 12. The first floor bedrooms have floor-to-ceiling French doors to a long balcony, and several have private bathrooms. With a luxurious living room,...
At a glance
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
The village is about a 15 minute drive to Carcassonne where there are great shops and restaurants. There is a 4-star restaurant just a couple of minutes walk from the chateau, along with an epicerie, general store (that sells great wines & cheeses) and a butcher. Taxis are readily available should you not fancy driving. The Chateau Asturias is close to Carcassonne and the coast. The South of France and Languedoc have such a diverse landscape. There are stylish and chic yacht ports, rolling valleys, rivers, a great and very evident Medieval history, Mediterranean beaches, wonderful cities and a fantastic climate. The mighty rivers of the Pyrenees are a popular destination for canyoning, rafting, and even white-water swimming! Why not take on the River Neste that winds through the beautiful Aure and Louron valleys, and enjoy a precious chance to interact with this dramatic landscape. Some of France’s best chateaux are found in the South of France and Languedoc region, and it’s a wonderful place to enjoy a chateau holiday in France.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €800. The security deposit is paid on arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 pm onwards
- Departure time : Before 10.00 am
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : All linen and towels are included in the rental price. Please bring your own pool towels.
- Pets welcome? : Please enquire.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking in the property.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Changeover day : Saturday from end of May to beginning of October. Flexible during all other periods.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.