Chateau Duras at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Chateau Duras is a beautiful and historic rural Chateau with private tennis court and heated pool set in the vineyards of South West France. The Chateau is very private yet has easy access to the activities of the Dordogne River, championship golf, markets, towns and restaurants.
The Chateau sleeps 11 in great comfort. All rooms are large and furnished with French antiques and art work. There is a lot of space and fantastic views surrounded by a clipped hedge in 2.5 acres of private grounds. Food and drink are important aspects of the experience and there are splendid places to dine and relax all around the Chateau.
Five large reception rooms, including a TV room with HD TV, Blue Ray and speakers. The Kitchen is very large and caters for chefs and cooking enthusiasts; there is a large informal kitchen table that seats up to 14 in addition to the formal dining hall. The kitchen is fully equipped and has an adjoining pantry...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The local village (3 minute drive) has restaurants and an excellent baker. The closest town, Duras, (7 minute drive) has supermarkets, shops and leisure facilities. The River Dordogne and Championship golf are both with 15 minutes drive of the Chateau. Bergerac and Ste. Emillion are half an hour away. Bordeaux is an hour and 15 minutes drive. The Chateau is surrounded by local wine and food producers who are happy to conduct tastings. There are walks and outdoor activities throughout the surrounding area. Kayaking on the Dordogne River and go-karting are also available to keep the kids entertained. A fully comprehensive house-book is provided at the chateau that details all the local things to do, towns and villages to explore. Best of all, it lists and rates the local restaurants and even highlights the ones that you mustn't miss during your stay.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Wheelchair access
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £250 OR €300 per week of stay. Paid by bank transfer, cheque, in cash or by PayPal.
- Arrival time : 16:00
- Departure time : 10:00
- Energy costs included? : Yes
- Linen & towels included? : Bed linen, pool and bath towels included
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes
- Smoking Allowed? : Yes
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Pool heating charge? : No
- Other Ts and Cs : A booking form will be provided to you by the owner. This must be signed and returned before a booking can be confirmed.
- Minimum stay : 1 week except mid July and August when 2 weeks
- Internet access? : Satellite based so no use of Skype but fine to send & receive e-mails
- Other Ts and Cs : Stag/Hen parties and other celebrations not allowed unless pre-arranged with the owner
- Heating costs included? : charged at extra cost if required
- Other Ts and Cs : Satellite internet access is included.