Chateau Fleur at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Chateau Fleur, built in 1611 during the time of King Louis XIII, has been beautifully renovated and furnished with a mix of contemporary and traditional French furniture. Situated on a low hill with expansive views of its surroundings, its classical architecture is one of careful symmetry and alignment.
Entry is via a stunning avenue of trees past classical iron gates and around a courtyard of traditional French sculptured hedges. Once through the front doors, you will be amazed at the three storey chandeliers casting the most wonderful light on elegant limestone balustrade stairs.
Being a chateau that has never been abandoned by its owners and its current owners only being its fifth since it was built, the chateau retains the best of everything of its period. From the ornate window handles in the shape of winged angels to its sculptured limestone balustrade staircase, imposing fireplaces, full length French...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The Château is located in the village of St Geyrac is on the border of Perigord Blanc (known for its beautiful limestone buildings) and Perigord Noir (known for its truffles). The medieval city of Perigueux, the capital of Perigord Blanc, with its magnificent cathedral and Roman ruins is only a 20 minute drive away. This area of the Dordogne is well known as the gastronomical centre of France with many great restaurants (some with Michelin stars!) and farmer's markets. Many grand chateaux and historical sites are nearby, including the Lascaux caves of prehistoric paintings made 17,000 years ago and the limestone dwellings at Les Eyzies inhabited by the Cro-Magnon man. Sarlat, the capital of Perigord Noir, is another charming medieval city 30 minutes away and has an unmissable old town consisting of impeccably restored stone buildings and a medieval cathedral. Canoeing along the river and hiking are two of the popular activities in the Dordogne that should also be checked out! Chateau Fleur is equidistant between Bergerac to the west and Brive-la-Gaillarde to the east (both 45 minutes drive away) where there are direct flights to and from London and Paris. The international airport at Bordeaux, 75 minutes away, has connecting flights to many capitals of the world. St Geyrac is a quiet commune with a church, a bar and a restaurant. There are no shops there. La Douze, the next village just 7 km away from the chateau has a few restaurants, a good boulangerie/patisserie plus a few shops. Milhac d’Auberche is a village 4km away with an excellent Michelin “bib gourmande” restaurant (one grade below a Michelin star). Trelisac (located between St Geyrac and Perigueux) has a shopping park with huge supermarkets and many stores selling homewares, furnitures, clothing etc.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1200 (or GBP, USD, AUSD equivalent) to be paid to the manager in cash upon arrival and refunded at the end of the stay after full damage inspection.
- Arrival time : After 4 pm
- Departure time : Before 10 am
- Energy costs included? : Yes
- Heating costs included? : Central heating is not included: small electric blower heaters are available on request. (Heating is normally required only in early spring, autumn and summer).
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels. Bath towels will be washed mid-week.
- Pets welcome? : No
- Smoking Allowed? : No
- Pool heating charge? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : Château Fleur is solely for the guests’ personal use, for self-catering holidays only. Guests are not permitted to use it for any form of business enterprise.