Charming Chateau in Loire Valley
Ideally situated for exploring the delights of the Loire valley, this self-catering holiday chateau is beautifully set in lush and extensive grounds. The Chateau De Vigner can sleep up to 14 guests. On-site facilities include an impressive (12x6m) floodlit swimming pool which is set within a secure walled garden, with a large terrace.
The Chateau De Vigner is situated on the outskirts of the small wine-producing village of Concourson-sur-Layon and the owner is friendly with a few of the local wine merchants so please inquire for special offers and wine tasting opportunities!
Also on the estate there is a Coach House (sleeping 10) and the farm cottage (sleeping 5), that can also be rented with the Chateau, depending on your group size. The capacity of the entire estate is 29 if all properties are rented together.
The chateau sleeps 12/14 and cots are available for those with...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The Chateau is around 3 hours drive from Paris, or the TGV takes 1.5 hours to Angers, either from the centre of Paris (Montparnasse) or directly from Charles de Gaule airport. The Chateau is then 35 mins drive from Angers and car hire is very easy from the station. The owner is happy to help in any way that she can and has friendly links to a few local vineyards, so if you do wish to go wine tasting locally please ask. You can see some of the world’s most magnificent Châteaux and taste the famous wines served to you by the producer in his own cellar. Enjoy the rolling countryside, the stately Loire river and its picturesque tributaries. Visit museums, local markets and theme parks, including Futuroscope and Puy de Fou. Relax on the famous beaches of the Vendée, less than 2 hours away. The river Layon itself, a short walk, is popular with fishing enthusiasts and contains a variety of fish. Golfers are well catered for, with 7 good courses within a 45 minute drive. Concourson-sur-Layon has a small restaurant open during the day, but in Doue la Fontaine (5mins drive) there are plenty of restaurants/shops etc. It is a market town with plenty of character. There is also a large supermarket complex where you can buy all your provisions.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £250. The security deposit is paid on arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Arrival time : 4 p.m. onwards.
- Departure time : 10 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : All bed linen is included in the rental price. Towels are available upon request.
- > If not included, how much to hire? : Towel sets (x3) €7.50 per set
- Pets welcome? : No pets allowed.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking in the property.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Other Ts and Cs : Taxe de sejour: €5 per person.
- Other Ts and Cs : Broadband internet access available: due to the rural location, we are unable to offer quicker or stronger access.
- Other 3 : 7 nights. Short breaks of 3 nights minimum are allowed in the low season, please enquire.