Chateau De Flora at Pays de la Loire
Live like royalty when you stay at this beautiful château in the Loire Valley. Built by a French nobleman over two centuries ago, Château de Flora offers a unique taste of history alongside fantastic amenities and great charm.
Be amazed by the grandiose living spaces on the ground floor. The main salon showcases its 16th century tapestries on the wood-panelled walls whilst antique furnishings surround the marble fireplace. The second salon is ideal for delightful evenings playing cards or listening to music; in the summer open up the French windows leading to the terrace and gardens. Enjoy fine dining with family and friends in the majestic dining room after creating a feast in the brilliantly equipped kitchen. Even kids have been thought of with a lovely children’s corner featuring toys and games.
Up to 13 guests can sleep in six beautifully decorated bedrooms, each one strikingly individual – will you stay in one...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
In the Loire Valley, Château de Flora is perfectly located for guests to visit some of the grand châteaux of this spectacular region. The château is just half-an-hour from Angers (37km) which is easily reached by TGV from Paris Montparnasse in 90 minutes. If you arrive by ferry, there is a choice of ports including Saint-Malo just over two hours away or by aeroplane it's just over an hour from Nantes Airport. The local town is just 5km away where you will find a variety of restaurants, a boulangerie, supermarket and other useful town amenities. Make sure you visit the town’s chocolatier during you stay and treat yourself to a meal at the Michelin starred restaurant around a ten-minute drive from Château de Flora. The Loire Valley is classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site with good reason – some of the most prestigious châteaux of France can be visited for a great day out. Close by, head to Château de Challain-la-Potherie (14km, by appointment only) or admire the 15th century Château du Plessis-Bourré (42km) with its wonderful setting surrounded by water – take a picnic to enjoy in the grounds after a guided tour. Further afield around the city of Tours, you will find the well-known Château de Villandry (140km), Château de Chenonceau (180km) as well as Château Royal d'Amboise (190km) near the tomb of Leonardo da Vinci. Closer to home, enjoy all that the Loire river has to offer – hire canoes on the river around twenty minutes away in Mauges-sur-Loire or take leisurely boat trips along the river departing from Saint-Mathurin-sur-Loire (56km). Visit the typical Loire town of Ancenis (30km), especially on a Thursday morning with its vibrant market and don’t miss a trip to the town’s Maison du Vin! Indeed, this region is wonderful for wine-lovers with Anjou vineyards to the east and the wineries of Nantes to the west. There are numerous domaines within a short distance where you can sample and purchase some of the excellent wines from the Loire Valley. The Loire is also well-known for its brilliant cycling route, Loire à Vélo, whilst golf-lovers will appreciate the Anjou Golf & Country Club (40km) in beautiful surroundings. Other outdoor activities include tree-top trails in the Anjou woodland, go-karting near Ancenis and great walking trails. A hot-air balloon ride is another way to discover the amazing landscapes! Saturday is a good day to visit Angers (37km) with its atmospheric morning market. The town is also well-known for its medieval château featuring 14th century tapestries, wonderful museums and beautiful Renaissance architecture. Just over an hour away you can explore the troglodyte caves in Doué-la-Fontaine (78km), sip sparkling white wine by the Loire in the historic town of Saumur (85km) or admire the beauty of the 12th century Abbaye de Fontevraud (100km). Alternatively, spend time in the French city of Nantes (70km) with its recently restored Château des Ducs de Bretagne or you could even drive up to southern Normandy with the outstanding Mont Saint-Michel (160km) just over two hours by car.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 is paid to the owner one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5:00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10:00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price. There may be a charge for the low seasons.
- Linen & towels included? : All linen, bath and pool towels are included in the rental price.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request outside of the high season.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking in the property.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Other Ts and Cs : At guest request additional staff can be hired at the following rate:
- - Cleaning lady: 14 euro/hr (A cleaner will come twice weekly.)
- - Cook: 20 euro/hr
- - Childminder: 10 euro/hr
- - Horse Riding Instructor: 30 euro/hr
- Minimum stay : 7 nights approximately June to end-September. 2 nights during all other periods.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that groups under 30 and single sex groups are not accepted.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and special celebrations are not allowed.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Pool opening dates? : Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : Only experienced riders may ride the chateau's horses and only if they have the relevant insurance.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests will be required to sign a copy of the owner's rental terms before their arrival.