Splendid 7 Bedroom Castle with Luxury Comfort and Magnificent Views in Scotland
Rich in history, this house was originally built in 1560 and subsequently partially destroyed in 1640 by the Duke of Argyll. The Fortalice has been painstakingly rebuilt and renovated with modern comforts by its current owner. Set over five floors, this property has 7 bedrooms, sleeping 12 adults and 4 children comfortably and boasting luxurious comfort without compromising original character.
The Great Hall is dominated by the wonderful, vast log fire and exquisite hand painted ceiling. It is perfect for a celebratory dinner, business venue or an intimate wedding, which is complimented by the small and unique chapel on the ground floor. All who visit learn to use the castle as their own and greatly enjoy the warmth of both its own unique charm and the magnificent outdoors that surround it.
This Castle in Glen Isla is exquisitely positioned and set against a stunning backdrop of rugged Perthshire countryside. It is...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
AIRPORTS EDINBURGH: Distance: 74.21 miles, about 2 hours 26 min GLASGOW: Distance: 105.41 miles, about 3 hours 6 mins ABERDEEN: Distance: 78.89 miles, about 2 hours 28 mins DUNDEE: Distance: Distance: 37.27 miles, about 1 hours 28 mins PRESTWICK: Distance: 128.19 miles, about 3 hours 32 mins RAIL STATIONS DUNDEE RAILWAY STATION – Distance: 37.27 miles, about 1 hours 28 mins ARBROATH RAILWAY STATION - Distance: 40.54 miles, about 1 hours 49 mins PITLOCHRY RAILWAY STATION - Distance: 24.2 miles, about 1 hours 9 mins OTHER PUB/BAR/RESTAURANT- THE GLENISLA HOTEL - Distance: 5.31 miles, about 16 mins TESCO, BLAIRGOWRIE: Distance: 18.55 miles, about 53 mins The Fortalice is a convenient base for hill walking and other sporting activities. World famous golf courses such as St Andrews, Gleneagles and Rosemount are all close by. Renowned rivers for salmon and trout fishing are on the doorstep, namely the River South Esk, the River Isla and the River Tay. Pheasant, partridge, grouse and stag shooting can all be organised nearby by arrangement. Glenshee is easily accessible for those wishing to participate in winter skiing and snowboarding.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £1500 (£2000 for marriages and special occasions). Paid 2 months prior to arrival. Cashed then reissued no later than 3 weeks after departure.
- Arrival time : 16.00
- Departure time : 10.00
- Energy costs included? : Included.
- Linen & towels included? : Included.
- Pets welcome? : Max 2 well behaved dogs – and STRICTLY not allowed on furniture.
- Changeover day : Bookings are taken Friday to Friday for weeks and Friday to Monday at weekends.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included. £100 will be deducted from the deposit if the castle is not left clean and tidy as it was found, this includes washing up.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking.
- Internet access? : Yes (no Wi-Fi access available)