Chateau Vaucluse at Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
The exquisite Chateau Vaucluse, a luxury chateau in Provence, was recently renovated to a high standard for 12 guests. The expansive grounds include woodland paths, lovely gardens and a large private pool with dining terrace, barbecue and changing room. The English-speaking caretaker on site will help you organise the holiday you desire.
With eight bedrooms, six bathrooms and vast living spaces indoors and out, this chateau is ideal for large families. You’ll have three cots available to you, and everyone will be entertained with Wi-Fi and Satellite TV with English Freeview channels. The ballroom can be an elegant reception area with grand piano or a games room with table tennis.
The charming local village (1.5 km) has the shops you need, a small weekly market and a great bar and brasserie. If you’d like to explore the region further, visit the markets at Vaison le Romaine and Carpentras for produce and souvenirs....
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
This part of Provence is rich in history, with the Roman Amphitheatre and Triumphal Arch in Orange just 25 minutes away and the Papal Palace and the Pont St Benezet (the famous Pont d'Avignon) are only 40 minutes from the chateau. The amazing Pont du Gard is an hour away. For outstanding natural beauty, the Fontaine de Vaucluse is a 50 minute drive through the countryside, as are the hilltop village of Gordes and the beautiful Abbaye de Senanque - combine all three for a memorable day out. Provencal markets are not to be missed and both Vaison la Romaine (Tuesday mornings) and Carpentras (Friday mornings) are vast and offer wonderful places for lunch afterwards and plenty of sights to see in the afternoon. L'Isle sur la Sorgue has a huge market on Sunday mornings which features antiques and bric-a-brac alongside the produce and provencal staples. The Vaucluse has a wonderful climate with average temperatures in July and August in the upper 20s. The closest village is within easy walking distance and has a couple of bars and restaurants/brasseries and a really good take away pizza place as well as a baker, pharmacy, post office and some small shops. The nearest big supermarket is 8km away in Sarrians. The local vignerons all offer tastings and the wine co-operatives, Les Vignerons de Caractere and the Cave de Gigondas, are not to be missed. Vacqueyras celebrates its wines and those of the region each year on 13 and 14 July at the Fete des Vins and there are similar events in other nearby villages. For teens there is Wave Island (previously knows as 'Splashworld'), which is the biggest waterpark in France, at Monteux just 15kms away, a 20 minute drive. Walks into the Dentelles de Montmirail are very popular, as are cycle rides. There are tennis courts in Vacqueyras (1.5km), cycle hire in Beaumes de Venise (5km), horse riding in Aubignan (5km), and the nearest golf course is in Orange (18km), with several more courses within an hour's drive. A car is highly recommended to enable you to explore some of the glorious countryside and historical sites nearby, tour the vineyards of the Rhone Valley, and take in the wonderful cultural events of the region. Many visitors drive all the way; the house is approximately 9 hours' driving time from Calais and the main channel ports using the motorways. Otherwise, picking up a hire car from the nearby airports and stations couldn't be easier. The journeys are straightforward and detailed directions will be provided when bookings are confirmed.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1250. The security deposit is paid on arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Arrival time : 16.00
- Departure time : 10.00
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels and changed once a week.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking inside, only permitted outside on the pool terrace.
- Pets welcome? : No pets allowed.
- Changeover day : flexible.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.