Spacious 6 Bedroom Stone Villa with Amazing Roman Style Colonnaded Pool and Panoramic Views in Provence
Villa Romane is a spacious stone-built holiday villa in Provence with its own magnificent Roman-style colonnaded circular swimming pool. The house is superbly located, offering wonderful panoramic views of Provence and the Rhone valley. It’s just 1.5km out of the historic medieval town of Beaucaire with its tree-lined colourful marina. There are countless restaurants, cafès, shops, supermarkets and boulangeries within walking distance. Despite its close proximity to nearby amenities, the high walls surrounding the villa and its tranquil hilltiop location makes for a peaceful and secluded atmosphere, so you have the best of both worlds.
The main villa can sleep 12 guests in its 6 large double bedrooms, some of which can be converted into twin beds if preferred. It also boasts five bath/shower rooms, three large reception rooms and a fully-fitted kitchen. The separate dining area and the al-fresco dining terrace are...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The villa enjoys a hilltop setting just 1.5km away from the historic medieval town of Beaucaire with its tree-lined colourful marina. There are restaurants, cafès, shops, supermarkets and boulangeries within walking distance. Nimes, Arles, Avignon and St Remy de Provence are all within 26km and Montpellier is a mere 80km. Horse riding is extremely popular in the Provencal countryside that surrounds the villa and there are several riding centres within easy driving distance. The river Rhone is just 1km from the villa and is a fantastic place to try fishing, canoeing and kayaking while there are also many mountain biking trails in the vicinity of the villa. The region is of course famous for its wine so why not take part in a wine tasting tour? Take a relaxed stroll through the nearby villages and towns, where you can find regular antiques markets or brocantes. You might even stumble across a carnival, pageant, processions or one of the historical re-enactments that are held weekly in the summer in both Beaucaire and the surrounding area. There are no less than 4 UNESCO World Heritage Sites all within a 30-minute drive - the possibilities are endless at the Villa Romane!
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £500 for parties of up to 8 guests, £1000 for larger parties. The security deposit paid via credit card to the owner before the arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price. There may be a charge for the low seasons.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Saturday in June, July and August. Flexible during all other periods.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately from May to end-October inclusive. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.