Relaxing Peaceful Cottage with Scenic Views Ideal for Exploring Stunning Unspoiled Burgundy Countryside
Featured in The Sunday Times’ Top 50 cool villas
Private and peaceful, with breath-taking views over the lake and surrounding countryside, Le Grenou is a beautifully renovated 18th century luxury cottage available for weekly holiday rental.
The charming and relaxing retreat is an ideal base for exploring the stunning and unspoiled Burgundy countryside. The cottage is situated in an outstanding nature park in the Morvan Hills.
This adorable cottage forms part of the an estate featuring a small hotel in a beautiful château. Guests can enjoy the estate’s extensive grounds with beautiful gardens, woods and fields. Take a refreshing dip in the hotel’s swimming pool, play tennis in the estate’s brand-new court or explore the countryside.
The tastefully renovated 18th century cottage combines the atmosphere of a historic property with all modern day comforts.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
La Grenou boasts magnificent views over the Morvan’s hills and lake. It is within easy reach of Autun (35km) and Luzy (12km), both of which are filled with excellent small restaurants, picturesque streets, local produce from the markets as well as ancient history. Explore the magnificent Parc Naturel Régional du Morvan where you will find beautiful woodlands, streams and waterfalls, gentle rolling hills and hidden villages. Wonderful for hikers and cyclists or you may prefer to canoe or raft down a river or sail or kayak on one of the lakes. You can go horse riding through the spectacular scenery or take a ride in a horse-drawn carriage for a touch of luxury. . Head to Mont Beuvray (11km) in the wooded hills where you will not only finding outstanding natural beauty but also the brilliant Bibracte, which tells the history of ancient life in Gaul. There are some amazing trails for hikers, horse-riders and mountain bike here, including guided tours. This is of course a wonderful place from which to explore the world-famous Burgundy wine region. In the heart of the wine-producing region is Beaune (75km). This is the home of the magnificent Hospices de Beaune, one of France’s most stunning historical buildings and there’s a great market on Wednesday and Saturday mornings. There are some wonderful restaurants in Beaune including around 30 Michelin starred establishments in the town and surrounding wine villages. Follow the wine road, Route des Grands Crus, and discover little villages such as Pommard, Volnay, Meursault (with an amazing chateau) and Puligny Montrachet and idyllic vineyards across the Côte de Nuits and Côte de Beaune region where you can sample wines; private wine tastings can be arranged on request.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €300 paid to the owner upon arrival and refunded after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : After 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : Before 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Minimum stay : 7 nights in June, July and August. 3 nights during all other periods.