Premier 8 Bedroom Beachfront Villa with Zen Garden and Pool in Aquitaine
Tucked away in a serene Atlantic cove west of Bordeaux, Villa Le Bassin is a premier luxury villa in Aquitaine perfect for weddings, special events and extraordinary family holidays. This beachfront property features a lush Zen garden, expansive terraces and a stunning ecological swimming pool that resembles a lake. Walk to the sandy beach where you can swim, sail, surf and fish.
This historic, renovated estate has 8 modern bedrooms fitted to a high standard, all with en-suite bathrooms. The tower suite has 360-degree floor-to-ceiling windows with sea and forest views, and other rooms have original marble fireplaces. Most rooms have air conditioning, and you will be pampered with maid service, breakfast and on-site concierge.
On site, you’ll find a petanque field, outdoor table tennis and a home cinema with large TV. The family-friendly villa also has a trampoline and games room. If you’re ready to explore the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
This beach front property is hidden away , just a 30 minutes drive from ravishing vineyards and Merignac/Bordeaux airport. Merignac has many scheduled and seasonal international flights arriving direct or via Paris every day. There are also daily frequent flights from other domestic cities. Activities at and around the villa range from deeply relaxing to highly animate, from cultural to inspirational. The swimming pool draws guests on warm summer days, while the petanque court asks for some team play. Guests can explore the direct environment by strolling onto the beach, boating, horseback riding, or cycling. Bicycles are at the guest's disposal for those who just want to discover the local fisherman villages, or those who want to spin further afield to the Atlantic Ocean. Favoured choices for daytrips include a helicopter flight of the Bordeaux vineyards crowned with a wine tasting, the endless beaches of the Atlantic Ocean, a climb up to the highest dune of Europe Dune de Pyla, a boating outing to the Arguin sandbank and the Ile aux Oiseaux, or kayaking over the Leyre. And don't forget your binoculars to watch the different bird species, such as the Sandwich Tern or the Oyster Catcher, while hiking through the protected natural bird migration park Domaine de Certes. Nestled in the heart of the forest and well protected from dominant winds, the fresh-water lakes North and South of the Bay offer yet another option for safe swimming, sailing lessons and fishing. Less then half an hour east lays the world famous French Bordeaux Wine District. Guests can relish the renowned wines from Saint-Emilion, Graves, Sauternes, Medoc, Entre-deux-Mers and Pessac-Leognan, to name but a few. Soak up the vineyards in a luxury car with a private chauffeur giving you the freedom to taste as many appellations you like. Guests may stock their own wines in the house cellar to enjoy during returning visits. The possibilities are almost endless: horseback riding through the thick pine forests or on the infinite beaches of white sand, golfing on the Internationally acclaimed Golf du Medoc Chateaux course at the foot of the vineyards, or for those seeking more adrenaline driven sports, what about speed sailing, paragliding at the Dune de Pyla or kite surfing? Distances - Bordeaux – 65 km/45 mins - Bordeaux Merignac Airport - 44 km/35 mins - Andernos – 5 mins - Arcachon – 40 mins - Cap Ferret – 35 mins - Libourne – 85 km - Pessac-Leognan vineyards – 40 mins - St Emilion vineyards – 102 km/60 mins
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Wheelchair access
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €5000 (an invoice with payment instructions will be sent after booking confirmation)
- Arrival time : 4 pm onwards
- Departure time : 10 am
- Energy costs included? : Yes
- Linen & towels included? : Yes
- Pets welcome? : No
- Changeover day : Any day of the week
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included. Please leave the property in the state that you found it.
- Smoking Allowed? : No
- Other Ts and Cs : 10% VAT is included in the pricing