Chateau Agenais at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Chateau Agenais is an eight bedroom chateau in the Lot-et-Garonne region. It is the very epitome of the French Chateau dream and is an ideal holiday rental for small and large groups alike.
Set in the heart of 25 hectares of land, it offers peace and tranquillity with stunning views over wonderful rolling countryside. It is close to a charming local town which boasts some fantastic restaurants.
The chateau, actually two independent dwellings, is set around a private courtyard - with swimming pool, main house and guest cottage, all accessible from the beautifully manicured lawns. There is also a fantastic covered terrace for exterior dining.
Fully restored over the last 15 years, it now boasts the grandeur of stone vaulted ceilings and monumental fireplaces, and yet it is still extremely comfortable and homely.
Set around a courtyard and enjoying wonderful views towards the north...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
<b>Local Area</b> The Chateau is set in the quiet countryside of the Lot-et-Garonne, but with just a short drive into the village of Penne d'Agenais you will find facilities such as a boulangerie, bar, restaurants, and a post office. The Chateau is in an ideal location to explore the Dordogne and Lot-et-Garonne which has many beautiful bastide towns, vineyards, cultural and historical activities as well as a huge variety of sporting activities such as canoeing, horse-riding, walking and cycling. There are daily morning markets and the area is well known as an area of gastronomic excellence with restaurants to suit all budgets. The Chateau is ideally positioned between 3 International Airports making it an easy final destination. The Dordogne river-side town of Bergerac with its International Airport is approximately 1 hr 20 minutes away. Ryanair, Flybe, Jet2 and Twinjet all fly to Bergerac. The vibrant city of Bordeaux is a 2hr drive away with a larger International Airport servicing even more UK and Worldwide destinations. In addition, Toulouse Airport is also approximately 2hrs to the south - also a large International Airport.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1250. This is paid prior to arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Arrival time : Between 4.00 p.m. and 6.30 p.m.
- Departure time : 8.00 a.m. and 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Please enquire
- Pets welcome? : Please enquire
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Please enquire.
- Other Ts and Cs : All guests must be stated on the booking form.
- It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.