Chateau Des Bois at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
The elegant and imposing mid-16th Century Chateau Des Bois is situated in 40 acres of private grounds and boasts excellent views over the Isle River valley. Six lavishly decorated bedrooms and six bathrooms are available for exclusive hire. A swimming pool is available for private use; it is fitted with a child security alarm.
The Chateau Des Bois features stunning minimalist furniture and decoration, including mosaics, detailed plasterwork, parquets, stone-flagged floors, and high ceilings with magnificent exposed oak beams. Many of the rooms are covered in wood paneling, while an enormous 17th century fireplace forms the centrepiece of the dining room. Beupoil family wallpaper still hangs in the living room.
The Chateau Des Bois is located on a hilltop village between the two towns of ‘La Roche’ and ‘Gravelle’, and overlooks the river Isle and the woods of Antoniac. The architecture of other buildings in the village bear a...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The nearest airport is Bergerac 45km away and the nearest town of a reasonable size is Perigueux 10km away. There are plenty of local high-end restaurants in Perigueux such as Les Huit, Hercules Poireau and Les Clos Saint Front. There is also a large outdoor market on Wednesdays and Saturdays and in Saint Astier on Thursdays. A large supermarket and shopping mall is 5km away. Local activities include golf (5 minutes away), tennis (2 minutes away), canoeing/kayaking (10 minutes away) and wine tasting in Saint Emilion, Bergerac, Pomerol and Monbazillac (all within 45 minutes). Brantome is a delightful little town which has earned the moniker ‘The Venice of the Dordogne’ due to its location on an island. See the oldest bell tower in France at the Carolingian abbey, take a canoe or boat ride on the river, browse the windows of the many shops or sample the local cuisine. Bergerac is a riverside town with medieval houses that line the streets of the centre, virtually unchanged for centuries, and over a hundred vineyards cater to wine enthusiasts of varying tastes. For those who enjoy a sweet wine, Monbazillac is a pretty good bet. Sarlat is another medieval town with well preserved streets and a good market. The river is an essential part of the landscape of the Dordogne, and runs straight through the southern part of the region, taking in many scenic towns along the way. A boat trip is the best way to explore these villages – enjoy stunning scenery along the way and bask in the sheer charm of this region.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.30 p.m. onwards.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- > If not included, what are they? : depends
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool opening dates? : Pool open approximately May - September.
- Heating costs included? : Extra €500 per week, paid locally.
- Other 2 : Small events and celebrations allowed
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Other Ts and Cs : Special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.