Langton Castle at Scotland
Welcome to Langton Castle. The castle has belonged to the same family for almost 600 years. The present house was built in 1785 and incorporates the walls of a much older castle.
Today the castle remains a private family house, available for exclusive fully serviced weekend, mid-week or weekly rentals. Restored and continually maintained to the highest standard, every original feature is retained, and can be appreciated as intended. All of the modern comforts that one would expect are successfully incorporated without detracting from the character of the house and the relaxed atmosphere which visitors continually comment upon and enjoy so much.
* Please enquire for accurate Christmas & New Years pricing.
Having arrived at the covered porch you enter the stone flagged Stair Hall. Twin stone staircases converge at an Ionic portico that opens onto the Gallery. The Dining Room has a great twenty-four seat oak table. It was...
At a glance
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Langton Castle is one mile South East of Duns in the eastern Scottish Borders, probably the most accessible part of rural Scotland. The castle stands at the end of a smooth 500 yard private drive in an area of beautifully maintained woodland and grass parks, with distant views to the Cheviot hills. The location is completely rural - there is absolutely no traffic noise and your privacy is assured. The dramatic cliffs, coves and castles of the coast are fifteen miles to the East, whilst two miles to the North the rich farmland of the Tweed valley changes abruptly to the moorland landscape of the Lammermuir Hills. The Scottish Borders and Northumberland are rich in historic towns, castles and houses to visit, and this rural setting is packed with opportunities for activities such as cycling, walking, golf, shooting and fishing. Should you choose to stay at the castle, there is a billiard room or croquet on the lawn during the summer. In the grass park, anything from a clay pigeon shoot to a full Highland Games can be arranged. Any activity suitable for the castle or grounds can be arranged. Bands and pipers may be hired and the ballroom is an excellent place to hold a ceilidh, or any other dancing. There is a billiard room with full-size table and table tennis. Outside, anything from an informal game of croquet on the lawn to clay pigeon shooting to a full Highland Games can be held. Should you choose to venture away from the castle, the Scottish Borders offer endless opportunity for walking, cycling and historic sights. The castle is also within easy reach of many excellent golf courses (Duns course is only 2 miles away), historic towns, country houses and castles. In season, excellent shooting and fishing is available locally by arrangement.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : 20% of rental and catering price. This is paid on arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 12pm
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price.
- Linen & towels included? : All linen and bath towels are included in the rental price.
- Pets welcome? : Only in estate cottages.
- Changeover day : Any day of the week.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included. Please leave the property in the state that you found it.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking in the property.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.