Turret Mansion House at Scotland
Turret Mansion House is a truly delightful, classic country house with views across the stunning Scottish Borders countryside, yet only 26 miles from Edinburgh. This wonderful Baronial style country house, was once the former home of the Gladstone Family made famous by Prime Minister William Gladstone. Set in 10 acres of grounds the beautifully furnished home has a classic country house feel with a modern twist. The estate provides elegant surroundings with all the luxury and comfort of a stately home.
11 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms provide an ideal luxury retreat for family gatherings, weddings, parties and business dinners. A butler and housekeeper are available on request.
- Dining room for 24 poeple
- Living room with fire place and sitting for 10 poeple
- Second dining room with reading area
- Second living room with fire place and sitting for 10 poeple
- Games room with...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The estate enjoys a superb rural position with fine southerly views. There are many walks in the area and the nearby Tweed cycleway, which follows the course of the river to Berwick, commences at Biggar. The market town of Biggar has a wide range of local shops, recreational facilities, schools and restaurants. There are also several golf courses within easy reach. Despite its peaceful location, it is well placed for easy access to the M74 and routes to the South and North and the A702 to Edinburgh. Edinburgh is only 26 miles away (half an hour drive) Glasgow 32 miles, Peebles 17 miles. Local activities include: Riding and pony trekking. Historic border towns such as Peebles. Scottish Textiles Museum. New Lanark. Fishing on Tweed and tributaries. Cycle the Tweed cycleway. Many golf courses. Edinburgh 26 miles.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £500
- Arrival time : 2pm onwards
- Departure time : 12am
- Pets welcome? : Yes
- Smoking Allowed? : No
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included. Please leave the property in the state that you found it.
- Energy costs included? : Yes
- Linen & towels included? : Yes