Chateau La Moinerie at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Have a grand wedding or family reunion in this masterfully restored château in the Dordogne, where the new meets the (very) old.
Parts of the castle date back as far as the 5th century yet inside you’ll find modern fixtures alongside family antiques. Perched on top of a rock overlooking unspoilt French countryside, you’ll feel just like royalty. For a taste of the local character, descend to take a long stroll through the gardens to the nearby sleepy village.
Up to 20 guests can reside in this sprawling château with ten charming bedrooms. Have a high style dinner party together inside the grand banquet hall, or spread out among the 15 hectare park to dine al fresco or lounge by the pool under the French sunshine. Spectacular architectural details abound like the moat, the turrets, and the 18th Century <i>pigeonnier</i> overlooking the private pool.
This holiday château is easily reachable from...
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Château La Moinerie is located on the edge of the vineyards of Bergerac, in the valley of Caudeau. This stunning property is partially surrounded by a moat filled with water. The château is situated in 13 hectares of park offering green space, ponds, woods and alleys for long walks. The generous nature of the Dordogne invites you to step out beyond the estate's boundaries and explore the welcoming countryside. A peaceful little village is less than 300 meters away, ideal for spending a relaxing afternoon exploring. The nearest restaurant is just a short drive away. There are numerous activities across the region from nearby horse-riding and tennis as well as canoeing along the Dordogne. Golf lovers may want to try the 9-hole course just a 10-minute drive away or head a little further to Château des Vigiers, a 27-hole championship course. The surrounding region is also rich with hospitality, extraordinary food and excellent wine. Wine tasting is available just minutes away. This is the ideal base from which to explore the marvels of the Perigord/Dordogne region. From the incredible <i>Maison des Vins</i> in historic Bergerac (11km) to charming market towns such as Issigeac (20km) and Monpazier (40km). Idyllic villages are dotted along the Dordogne river, waiting to be discovered, such as Trémolat (28km) and Limeuil (35km). To the north you can explore the prehistoric caves at Lascaux in Montignac in just over an hour or head to the fine small city of Périgueux (40km) for fine restaurants and beautiful architecture. Futher west, Saint-Émilion is just over an hour away and Bordeaux (Bordeaux) is a 90-minute drive. In less than two hours you can be at the Atlantic Ocean dining out in a spectacular restaurant overlooking the sea with oysters and crisp white wine.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €2000 paid via bank transfer to the owner no later than two weeks before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Dependant on the season.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels. Linen and bathroom towels are changed once a week for stays of more than a week.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, parties and any other special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.