Biron Farmhouse at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Biron Farmhouse is a lovely farmhouse beautifully restored by its English owners who are also designers.
Set in the glorious Dordogne countryside, yet within walking distance of the charming village of Lacapelle Biron, it sits on a hill and enjoys stunning views of the landscape.
Indoors it boasts plenty of bright open spaces full of light and colour.
The lovely gardens offer fruit and nut trees, a small wooded area and plenty of areas to dine ’al fresco.’ There is a dining area with barbecue, modern Italian sun-loungers, tables, chairs and a large umbrella. Everything to enjoy a relaxing holiday.
Lacapelle Biron has a bakery for your morning croissants, other essential shops, an English-speaking doctor, a pharmacy, a post office, butchers, patisserie and a restaurant/bar as well as an excellent local caterer if you would like a special meal cooked at the house.
Things to do in this...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Biron Farmhouse is a stylish farmhouse situated in the stunning countryside in a tranquil location overlooking the village of Lacapelle Biron. A bakery for your morning croissants, shops, bar, restaurant, butchers, doctors surgery, tennis courts and local rugby are some of the amenities located withing walking distance from the house. More adventurous guests or those with kids will love Parc en Ciel, set in 16 acres of woodland just outside the village. The River Lede runs through the park and there is also a small lake, tree-top adventure area, a natural swimming pool, mini-golf and a children’s playground. The nearby village of Biron (5km) is mainly visited for its impressive castle but it’s also a delightful village to wander around admiring the pretty houses and gardens as you walk up from the church to the upper part of the village near Chateau Biron. A visit to the impressive chateau is a must due to its glorious views of the surrounding Dordogne countryside as well as the fascinating interiors which are open to visitors. Some of France’s Plus Beaux Villages are within a short drive such as glorious Monpazier (11km), a bastide town dating back to the 13th century and Monflanquin (16km) with amazing views of the surrounding countryside. Further north discover Belvès (30km), an idyllic place especially famous for its historic market and Beaumont-du-Périgord with charming shops, bars and restaurants. On a Sunday morning don’t miss one of the best markets in the area in medieval Issigeac (30km). Head north-east is the famous town of Sarlat (62km) with its maze of medieval narrow streets, lovely squares and amazing restaurants or west to beautiful Bergerac (50km) with its medieval architecture, narrow streets of boutiques and great restaurants as well as the unmissable Maisons de Vins. Other magical day trips include hiring canoes or having a picnic by the Dordogne river in Siorac (35km) and beautiful Limeuil (38km), where the Vézère meets the Dordogne and you can paddle by the river beach or enjoy some fine views from Parc Limeuil after wandering through the delightful village. In addition, follow the river east to to La Roque Gageac, Château de Beynac or Castelnaud-la-Chapelle, all within an hour or so, for a remarkable day out in the Dordogne. The whole region is a true haven for nature and sport lovers alike offering a wide array of outdoor activities, from horse-back riding and to tennis, mountain-biking, golfing and watersports, not to mention the number of hiking and fishing opportunities in the area. Children will love the nearby waterparks near Bergerac, visiting the Aquarium du Perigord Noir and Jungle Golf in Le Bugue, exploring prehistoric caves and historic castles or even a magnificent hot air balloon ride across the stunning region.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500. The security deposit is paid on arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Arrival time : 6.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 9.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price. Guests are asked to be mindful to conserve energy.
- Linen & towels included? : All linen and towels are included in the rental price. Please bring your own pool towels.
- Changeover day : Saturday (all other changeover days on request).
- End of stay cleaning included? : Please enquire.
- Pets welcome? : No pets allowed.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking in the property.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (short-breaks may be possible on request).