Opulent Luxury Chateau on 22 Acre Estate near Loire River
Chateau de Raguerniere is a magnificently decorated 19th century luxury Chateau which sits in a private estate of 22 acres (9 hectares) of formal gardens and woodland.
A short walk from the picturesque town of Langeais by the Loire River, Chateau de Raguerniere offers beautifully designed accommodation for up to 18 guests.
The Chateau has just been updated and blends designer decoration and furnishings with the elegance and opulence of a 19th century residence.
Chateau de Raguerniere is perfect for holidays, celebrations, family get-togethers, special occasions, weddings and corporate events and is perfectly located to visit the many vineyards and large chateaux, which are open to the public, as well as other places of interest.
The spacious and elegant ground floor comprises an entrance hall, drawing room, formal dining room, cocktail lounge, billiard room, family room with turret, breakfast room,...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
- Ferries: UK to Caen, Cherbourg or St Malo. - Eurotunnel: Folkestone - Calais. - Car: A85 Exit 7 to Langeais 4 km - Flights: Direct flights from Stansted to Tours. - Trains: Paris 58 minutes by TGV to Tours. Tours to Langeais 20 minutes. Tours to Saumur 20 minutes. <b>Local Information </b>- Langeais town centre 1 km – château with working drawbridge and jester, restaurants, shops & cafés and a vibrant Sunday morning market plus local train station with direct trains to Tours and Saumur. - Tours 25 km - Tours château, flower and food markets including ‘Les Halles’, the impressive, indoor food market, shops and restaurants. - Saumur 40 km – restaurants, shops and the famous Cadre Noir military riding school. - Villandry 10 km – magnificent château and famous gardens. - Ussé 18 km - 'Sleeping Beauty' château and grounds. - Azay-le-Rideau 10 km - moated château. - Vineyards and wine tastings are all within an hour’s drive, at Chinon 30 km, St Nicholas de Bourgueil 24 km and Vouvray 33 km. - Wine walks through the vineyards with tastings. - Cycling along the Loire River just 5 minutes away. - Spectacular evening light displays and shows at nearby châteaux. - Golf – Four golf clubs within 30 minutes drive. - Horse riding – local riding stables is a 5 minute walk.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €2000 paid via bank transfer to the owner one month before arrival/in cash upon arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4:00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10:30 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Pets welcome? : No pets allowed.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outdoors only.
- Changeover day : Saturday in July, August, May Half Term, Christmas and New Year. Flexible during all other periods.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €350. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Other Ts and Cs : - Swimming Pool: Outdoor Heated
- - Tennis Court: None
- - Internet Access: Yes
- Minimum stay : 5 nights, except in July, August, May Half term, Christmas and New Year when 7 nights.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Pool heating charge? : The pool is heated free of charge in June, July and August. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that extra beds can be provided on request at an extra charge of €40 per person per night (or €20 per child under 5 per night).
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open from late May to September.
- Heating costs included? : Yes, from October to May.