Joshua Tree Desert Dreams in Private Villa with Pool/Spa
A perfect fusion of Wabi Sabi and modern design, this home features all the comforts of city living while retaining a deep connection to the surrounding desert and all its natural beauty. Soaring rooflines cap walls of sliding glass to ensure you’re always connected to the outdoors, even when nestled in the comfort of multi-zone climate controls.
The expansive 1800 sq. ft. outdoor deck features multiple integrated gardens and includes a heated pool with integrated hot tub and retractable cover. There’s also an oversized 10 foot long fire pit for staying warm while stargazing at night. And additional decks on the East and West side of the house provide ample space for enjoying all the unobstructed views of the valley and mountains.
- Rare location with direct walk-on access to the Desert View Conservation Area of Joshua Tree National Park
- Four minute drive to the center of Joshua Tree with...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Pets Allowed On Request
Outdoor Dining Area
Outdoor Furniture: Sun Loungers
Chilren’s Books and toys
Joshua Tree is an amazing place to visit. It is a popular observing site in Southern California for astronomy and stargazing.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Wheelchair access
Payment and Cancellation - 14 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 14 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 14 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 14 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 14 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 14 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- On select bookings made after May 6th, 2020 with a check-out date on or before June 30, 2021*, guests may cancel up to 10 days before arrival and receive a full refund minus a $75 credit card processing fee. *Exclusion and Blackout dates apply. Stays taking place between December 20, 2020 and January 3, 2021 do not qualify for 10-day cancellation. Some individual homes may not be participating as noted in their individual Property Display Page.
- **THIS HOME IS EXCLUDED FROM THE 10-DAY CANCEL WITH FULL REFUND OPTION**
- Guests without any positive reviews must provide a supplementary deposit of $500. This fee will be submitted once your reservation is confirmed, must be paid within 48 hours, and will be fully refunded within 72 hours of checkout if all house rules are followed and the house is left in good condition. Should any violations arise, The property manager may choose to deduct any fees and costs from this Management fee or the Security Deposit paid by the guest. Deductions may include (but are not limited to) items such as:
- - Towels and Sheets soiled beyond cleaning
- - Small breakage items (glasses and plates)
- - Hourly management fees for processing such claims
- - Additional guests not claimed on reservation
- - Late checkout fees as indicated in house rules
- - Pool cleaning fees resulting from cover left open overnight
- We love hosting parties and events at the property but these are priced at a different rate and must be negotiated in advance. During your stay, no more than the contracted number of people may be on the property. If you wish to invite others over, you must first write to us for permission. This helps us manage expectations for our housekeepers and the impact on the house. If you have more guests than are listed in the booking, a minimum charge of $75 per person per day/night will be applied.
- This property is booked nearly solid with visitors departing and arriving the same day. For this to work for you and all our other guests, the earliest you may arrive is 4pm and you need to be fully checked out of the house and off property no later than 11:00am sharp or late fees of $300/hr will apply. Please help us stay on schedule and respect your fellow guests by checking out on time.
- Our property is a beautiful place to shoot photos, and we welcome you to tag us on Instagram at #skyhousejoshuatree. Professional shoots, however, are priced at a different rate and must be cleared with us in advance of your stay. If you are in doubt, inquire first. Rates range from $1500 to $9000 per day.
- Please be considerate of the neighbors and keep music and voices at a respectful volume. There is a county-wide noise ordinance of no amplified music or loud noises outdoors after 10 p.m.
- The property has two external security cameras monitoring the property, one is on the carport and one is pointed at the front door / pool. These are required for our insurance and also for your safety. For your privacy, the feed automatically erases every 10 days. Obscuring, moving or otherwise altering the security cameras is prohibited. A $1500 fee applies for our staff to come out and reset cameras.
- We love animals as much as anyone. But due to pet allergies among some of our guests, we have to keep the property an animal-free zone. A fee of $1000 will be charged to cover the costs and time required to deep clean all surfaces.
- Joshua Tree is wilderness land. This means there are numerous animals with whom we share space. From coyotes to snakes to adorable jackrabbits, life is everywhere in the desert. And just like the prickly cacti that populate the area, some of these animals can be dangerous. Treat nature with respect. Do not allow children to explore unattended. You are solely responsible for your safety and the safety of all others on the property during your stay.
- Swimming pools and hot tubs are fantastic and fun. But they can also be hazardous. The concrete around the pool, stairs and decks can be very slippery when wet. Children in and around the pool must be supervised at all times by an adult. Intoxicants and bodies of water are a risky combination. So we need to say this again: you are solely responsible for your safety and the safety of all others on the property during your stay.
- The pool lid must remain closed when not actively in use. This is especially important overnight, as native animals could end up in the pool resulting in the need for removal and cleaning. Fees start at $500 for unscheduled pool cleaning.
- There is a beautiful firepit on the pool deck that warms the night and provides a fantastic place to lounge and watch the stars. We live in a dry desert environment. Never leave a fire burning unattended.
- This home is a non-smoking building. Smoking is only allowed outdoors and more than 25 feet from the house with all windows and doors to the home closed. Smoking in the house will result in forfeiture of your entire deposit. Out of respect for the desert, you must remove all cigarette butts from the property to avoid additional cleaning fees.
- We didn’t think we’d have to say this, but no firearms are allowed. Also not allowed are llamas, helicopters, meth labs, wild animals, fireworks, satanic rituals, bombs, flamethrowers, paintball…
- Anything that is illegal is also illegal here.
- It all boils down to this: be chill, be responsible, be honest, be respectful--and have fun!