One of a Kind Award Winning House in Joshua Tree
Quite simply, this property is the most spectacular house in Joshua Tree. As seen in design and lifestyle publications worldwide, this mirrored 22 story horizontal skyscraper virtually disappears into the surrounding desert landscape. The luxurious 100-foot indoor swimming pool contrasts with the vast surrounding desert landscape. The 90 acre property has its own mountain and shares half a mile border with the National Park.
The word unique is insufficient. Welcome to Invisible House.
Featured in dozens of publications including the Washington Post, Maxim, Departures, Dezeen, TMZ, Business Insider, People, Daily Mail, Apartment Therapy and more, the architectural wonder of Invisible House was designed by film producer Chris Hanley and Tomas Osinski, a Frank Gehry collaborator. Invisible House was created free of design constraints, incorporating the most advanced materials and technologies available. All...
At a glance
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
Ski in/Ski out
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Pets Allowed On Request
Outdoor Dining Area
First Aid Kit
Children's Books and Toys
Butler: Available on additional fee
Chef Services: Available on request
Chef Services: Available
Butler: Available on request
Daily Housekeeping: Available on additional fee
Joshua Tree-Desert landscape
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Wide hallway clearance
- Wheelchair access
- wide home doorway
Payment and Cancellation - 14 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 14 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 14 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 14 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 14 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 14 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- Welcome to Invisible House! We hope you love your time here as much as we do. This home is a passion project and we cherish it greatly. Our goal is to share it with the world and inspire others as we have been inspired by this beautiful land and unique architecture. To ensure your safety and allow us to continue to share this venue, we have just a few rules by which you must abide.
- -During your stay, no more than the exact number of people listed on your reservation may be on the property, day or night. We charge $300 per person for additional guests on site and you must clear all guests with us in advance. Any additional people on site without prior approval will result in immediate cancellation of your reservation and removal. We don't wish to be so blunt, but this has been an ongoing issue and we now have a zero-tolerance policy in this area. We love hosting parties and events but these are priced at a different rate and must be negotiated in advance.
- -Guests without any positive reviews must provide a supplementary deposit of $2000. This fee will be submitted once your reservation is confirmed, must be paid within 48 hours, and will be fully refunded within 72 hours of checkout if all house rules are followed and the house is left in good condition. Should any violations arise, the property manager may choose to deduct any fees and costs from this Management fee in addition to seeking reimbursement from Airbnb and/or the Security Deposit paid by the guest. Deductions may include (but are not limited to) items such as:
- - Towels and Sheets soiled beyond cleaning
- - Small breakage items (glasses and plates)
- - Hourly management fees for processing such claims
- - Additional guests not claimed on reservation
- - Late checkout fees as indicated in house rules
- -The property is booked nearly solid with visitors departing and arriving the same day. For this to work for you and all our other guests, the earliest you may arrive is 4pm and you need to be fully checked out of the house and off property no later than 11:00am sharp or late fees of $300/hr will apply. Please help us stay on schedule and respect your fellow guests by checking out on time.
- -Our property is a beautiful place to shoot photos, and we welcome you to tag us on Instagram @theinvisiblehouse, #invisiblehouse. Professional shoots, however, are priced at a different rate and must be cleared with us in advance of your stay. This includes any photography/video generated for a third-party client or for which any revenue or other economic benefit is received by you or any of your guests. If you are in doubt as to whether your shoot would be considered “Professional”, inquire first. Rates range from $4000 to $12000 per day.
- -Please be considerate of the neighbors and keep music and voices at a respectful volume. There is a county-wide noise ordinance of no amplified music or loud noises outdoors after 10 p.m.
- -The house has two external security cameras monitoring the entrance. These are required for our insurance and also for your safety. For your privacy, the feed automatically erases every 10 days. Obscuring, moving or otherwise altering the security cameras is prohibited. $1500 fee applies for our staff to come out and reset cameras.
- -We love animals as much as anyone. But due to pet allergies among some of our guests, we have to keep the home an animal-free zone. A fee of $1000 will be charged to cover the costs and time required to deep clean all surfaces.
- -Joshua Tree is wilderness land. This means there are numerous animals with whom we share space. From coyotes to snakes to adorable jackrabbits, life is everywhere in the desert. And just like the prickly cacti that populate the area, some of these animals can be dangerous. Treat nature with respect. Do not allow children to explore unattended. You are solely responsible for your safety and the safety of all others on the property during your stay.
- -Swimming pools are fantastic and fun. But they can also be hazardous. The concrete around the pool, stairs and decks can be very slippery when wet. Children in and around the pool must be supervised at all times by an adult. Intoxicants and bodies of water are a risky combination. So we need to say this again: you are solely responsible for your safety and the safety of all others on the property during your stay.
- -There is a beautiful firepit outdoors that warms the night and provides a fantastic place to lounge and watch the stars. We live in a dry desert environment. Never leave a fire burning unattended.
- -This home is a non-smoking building. Smoking indoors will result in forfeiture of your deposit in full. Smoking is only allowed outdoors and more than 25 feet from the house with all windows and doors to the home closed. Out of respect for the desert, you must remove all cigarette butts from the property to avoid additional cleaning fees.
- -We didn’t think we’d have to say this, but no firearms are allowed. Also not allowed are llamas, helicopters, meth labs, wild animals, fireworks, satanic rituals, bombs, flamethrowers, paintball… In summary, anything that is illegal is also illegal here.
- It all boils down to this: be chill, be responsible, be honest, be respectful--and have fun!