Charming, Unique Villa with Sea Views and Pool
Villa Ondina is a charming, unique and thoughtfully restored former windmill, located outside Sintra, on the Lisbon coast. With plenty of original character, blended subtly with contemporary finishes, this home offers an exceptional holiday environment. Not another cookie-cutter white-washed home, Villa Ondina fuses history, local roots and contemporary living with magnificent gardens and far reaching views. Ondina is a reference to sea maiden, or mermaid - this home will put a smile on its guest’s faces. Standing in its own private grounds that are secluded with shrubbery and verdant foliage, with large private pool, it is a little taste of first Portuguese industry now presented as a wonderfully quirky holiday home. The original building is cleverly configured, while there is a seamless extension. The living spaces are contemporary and minimal - this building speaks for itself, while every hallmark of luxury is present. The living...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The Lisbon coast is rich and varied, with long-standing fishing and fish industry, it is known for its seafood; likewise, its original pretty tiles and ceramics, as well as being known for vineyards wine production as well as creamy sheets cheese and cinnamon baked sweet treats. This region is rich with history and culture and boasts long stretches of varied coastline. The Lisbon coast provides a breezy escape from the capital while being home to some of Portugal’s historic jewels, which attract thousands of visitors: the ancient walled town of Obidos, the 12th-century monastery at Alcobaca, the Catholic pilgrimage site of Fatima, and the fairytale palaces of Sintra. There are many attractive towns to visit along the Lisbon coast, such as the beautiful former fishing village of Cascais, the vibrant resort town of Estoril, or the surfer’s paradise Carcavelos or of course, at just twelve kilometres from Villa Ondina, guests will love the romantic village of Sintra. Sintra is perched above wooded slopes, it is known for its turreted palaces, the most famous being the ornate Palacio Nacional and the pink and yellow Palacio da Pena. The town’s cool hilltop air has long attracted writers, artists and poets. This region of Portugal is ideal for water sports enthusiasts, whether it be canoeing, snorkelling, diving or surfing, the area is a water lovers paradise. Taking the Atlantic road from Ericeira to Peniche, down to the pretty, well-heeled town of Comporta, visitors will come across small harbour villages, hilltop castles, estuary reserves with flocks of flamingoes and mile upon mile of beach. Comporta is Portugal’s answer to St Tropez; it has a chic laid-back vibe with wonderful restaurants and pristine sands backed by windswept dunes - a designer’s haven.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £800 to be held on clients' credit card as guarantee, to be paid at time of booking
- Arrival time : 4 pm
- Departure time : 10 am
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Linen included in the rental price.
- Beach towels not included in the rental price, optional: €5 per towel
- Pets welcome? : Pets not allowed
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property
- Minimum stay : 7 nights
- Heating costs included? : Not included in the rental price, optional: €25 per day
- Tax : Not included in the rental price. To be paid at time of booking. €1 per adult (over 12) per night up to max 3 nights
- Insurance : Wi-Fi connection included
- Other Ts and Cs : On request: 1 extra bed for the 15th guest available for an additional cost of €20 per night
- Changeover day : Saturday in July and August
- Any day the remainder of the year