Luxury Two Bedroom Apartment Suited For Families or Friends
This superior two bedroom apartment was named after one of the famous Prince Bishops of Durham, set within a newly renovated grade II listed Georgian building in the heart of Durham City Centre. Throughout the 19th century, when Queen Victoria was on the throne and Durham’s coalfields put the North East at the forefront of the Industrial Revolution, some of the county’s most prominent figures would meet here, at 52 Old Elvet. Here deals were made, royalty was entertained and, when dinner was over, cigars smoked, and port poured, they would retire to a purposely-built billiard room to the rear of the building.
Designed by Charles Hodgson Fowler – also architect to the Dean and Chapter of Durham – this vast, vaulted room, whose glass panelled roof is supported by polished timbers in the Art Nouveau style, has now been beautifully converted into two, highly contemporary, split-level apartments. Both entered from the rear of the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
No Pets Allowed
Named as ���One of the Best Cities to Visit in 2020���, Durham is a beautiful and charming area within the North East. Known as the ���perfect little city���, Durham has the best mix of everything and it all blends seamlessly. It retains its medieval heritage but it also has a modern and vibrant twist. It boasts lush green landscapes but it also has busy cobbled streets with independent shops, bars and restaurants. Durham has plenty of history within its walls. One of the most spectacular historic sites is Durham Cathedral. Constructed between 1903 and 1133, this towering building is a shining example of Norman architecture. The cathedral is now the oldest surviving building with a stone vaulted ceiling of such a large scale.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 60 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 60 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 60 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 60 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- On select bookings made after May 6th, 2020 with a check-out date on or before June 30, 2021*, guests may cancel up to 10 days before arrival and receive a full refund minus a $75 credit card processing fee. *Exclusion and Blackout dates apply. Stays taking place between December 20, 2020 and January 3, 2021 do not qualify for 10-day cancellation. Some individual homes may not be participating as noted in their individual Property Display Page.
- **THIS HOME IS EXCLUDED FROM THE 10-DAY CANCEL WITH FULL REFUND OPTION**
- • No smoking
- • No parties or events
- • Check-in time is 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM