Elegant Clifftop Villa with Breathtaking Views and Beautiful Pool
In the hills below Garajau of Madeira sits clifftop Casa Canico, a comfortable holiday home that offers plenty of space and a peaceful atmosphere to soak up. This villa boasts an impressive overall plot, with beautiful terraced gardens and special views of the sea. Idyllic sea views can be enjoyed from the tastefully furnished main living space, as well as from several of the bedrooms. The décor and colour scheme used throughout the villa reflects its proximity to the sea, with restful marine and natural stone shades featuring in most rooms. The accommodation at Casa Canico is spread across one spacious floor. At the heart of the villa is the living area with glass sliding doors that provide unspoilt sea views and open straight onto the lovely terrace. The living area features two large sofas and several armchairs for chilling out and watching the television or simply taking in the views. In the corner is an elegant dining table, with...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
There’s a range of convenient amenities close to Casa Canico, with restaurants, a bakery, a bar and a pharmacy all within a 10-minute walk. A short drive down to the coast makes even more bars and restaurants available for evenings out. Also a lovely place to make the most of evenings is the promenade at Canico de Baixo, which you can walk along as you watch the sun setting over the sea. The most striking and famous feature in the area is the Christ the King statue that sits by Cristo Rei viewpoint, which provides almost panoramic sea views. Plenty of shops and supermarkets can be found in Canico village, which is less than a five-minute drive from the villa. It’s a pretty place to spend a few hours, with a lovely main square and charming 18th-century church. You can even head high into the hills from here via the numerous streets. Madeira’s capital, Funchal, is just a 15-minute drive away. This cosmopolitan city bustles with lively atmosphere, with its old town area by the marina providing a glimpse into its rich history. The narrow, cobbled streets are lined with ancient buildings, making it a history-lover’s paradise. One thing you must do when you visit Funchal is take the cable car up to the Monte area. It takes you up the mountain for some spectacular views over the sea and city. It also gives you easy access to the Monte Palace Tropical Garden. These sprawling, multi-level gardens are full of exotic plants and trees, as well as koi carp-filled ponds that attract ducks and swans.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €300 to be paid upon arrival
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Tax : Municipality Eco Tax is €1 per person, per night for guests 18+ years (€5 maximum per person, per stay). To be paid in cash upon arrival
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Minimum stay : 7 nights
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included
- Pets welcome? : Pets are not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Smoking & Vaping is not permitted inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Pool heating charge? : Please request - Pool Temperature of 24ºC is €140.00 per week, 25ºC is €170.00 per week & 26ºC is €200.00 per week. To be paid in cash on upon arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : Parties are not permitted at this villa
- Other 2 : Cot & High Chair available upon request