Spacious Villa with Pool and Close to Beach
At the heart of a picturesque residential area close to the centre of Funchal, Madeira’s capital city, is elegant and spacious Casa Frutuoso. This holiday home is a restful place to return to after days exploring the local area, with outside space that offers total peace and privacy. The interior of Casa Frutuoso provides a mix of modern conveniences and traditional touches for a family-friendly feel. Spacious rooms feature both classic wood furnishings and an overall contemporary design, making this an enjoyably warm and comfortable villa. Stairs from the entrance hall bring you to the ground-floor, open-plan living space. This stunning area boasts an abundance of windows, including a beautiful stained-glass feature, which floods it with light and a feeling of the outside brought in. There are two large and very comfortable sofas in the lounge area, with a television and fireplace providing both entertainment and warmth on cooler...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Just a short walk from the villa is a range of restaurants, bars, shops and supermarkets. As you get closer to the heart of Funchal city centre, an even bigger selection of all amenities and attractions opens up. If you’re looking to spend a day by the sea, there are a few Lido's on offer. They feature beaches that are volcanic in nature and which have black sand rather than golden. Barreirinha Beach Lido has a swimming pool, changing rooms, solarium and access to a small, pebbled stretch of sea to enjoy, with the opportunity to hire sun loungers and use facilities such as changing rooms and lockers. The sea here is mostly calm, so it’s perfect for safe swimming. A fun experience that all the family will love is taking the Santa Maria de Colombo Boat trip. Hop on board a replica of Christopher Columbus’ ship and sail along the coast for the chance to spot dolphins and whales. Whilst on the boat you can watch galleon crew going about their usual duties. And if you take a trip in summer, the boat will more than likely drop anchor and allow you to cool off in the sea. Other great things to do in Funchal include taking the cable car all the way up to the picturesque area of Monte, taking in stunning sea and city views. You’ll also finish the journey by a beautiful botanical garden that’s well worth a stroll around. Make sure to visit Funchal old town too. Here you’ll find plenty of narrow, cobbled streets to explore, many of which are lined with ancient buildings. One of the most impressive is 15th-century Corpo Santo Chapel.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Wheelchair access
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €300 to be paid in cash upon arrival
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Tax : Included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Minimum stay : 7 nights
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included
- Pets welcome? : Pets are not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Smoking & Vaping is not permitted inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Pool heating charge? : Please request - Pool Temperature of 24ºC is €120 per week, 25ºC is €150 per week & 26ºC is €180 per week. To be paid in cash on upon arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : Parties are not permitted at this villa