Charming Villa wtih Glorious Views and Stunning Pool
Villa do Monte sits within a small neighbourhood, commanding an elevated position overlooking the bay at Funchal, the capital city of Madeira. Surrounded by traditional village atmosphere and stunning hillside scenery, this contemporary holiday home is a place to feel welcomed and relaxed. The inside of the villa is an oasis of calm, featuring crisp, white walls and soft furnishings that create a sense of peace. Complementing the neutral colour scheme and light wood floors are stylish design features, which is a theme that continues into the stunning outside space. On the ground floor is an open-plan living-dining-kitchen space. It’s incredibly bright and airy, thanks to the numerous glass sliding doors that offer beautiful views and direct outdoor access. There’s beautiful furniture throughout the space, with quirky pieces adding personality and charm. Within the living area is a large sofa where everyone can get together in front of...
At a glance
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Air Conditioning: Central
Outdoor Dining Area
Being part of a small neighbourhood means that amenities are just moments away at Villa do Monte. They include a supermarket, restaurants, cafés and a bakery, which are all within a five-minute drive. As you get closer to the coast, an even greater choice of restaurants, bars, supermarkets and shops become available. The centre of Funchal, Madeira’s capital city, is less than a 10-minute drive away. This port city is full of cosmopolitan charm and centuries of history, with everything being within really easy walking distance. The old town area is where you can stroll through narrow, cobbled streets and take in the beauty of all the historic buildings found along them. Many of them date back to the 15th century and there are plenty of picturesque churches to spot. Ride the cable car up to Monte, close to where the villa is, for some truly breathtaking views of the botanical garden and across the sea. Also less than a 10 minute journey by car is the coastal town of Caniço. The most famous attraction here is the Christ the King statue that sits on a viewpoint by the Garajau Marine Reserve. The views from here across the sea are beautiful, and get even more impressive if you continue walking to the tip of the peninsula. Make sure you visit the lovely pebbled beach down below too. There are plenty of great overall walking opportunities here, whether it’s along the tops of cliffs or through the lush hills. Mountain biking, snorkelling and diving are also very popular activities in Caniço.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €800 to be held on clients' credit card as guarantee, to be paid at time of booking
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Tax : Not included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Minimum stay : 7 nights
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included
- Pets welcome? : Pets are not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Smoking & Vaping is not permitted inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Pool heating charge? : Optional €30 per day between March - October, €45 per day between November - February & Jacuzzi heating is €35 per day (minimum of 4 nights)
- Other Ts and Cs : Additional guest welcome upon request
- Other Ts and Cs : Addtional beds available upon request (€30 per person per night)