Grand Villa Overlooking the Ocean with Lush Gardens and Beautiful Pool
Situated in a quiet family friendly neighbourhood, just outside of the historic capital of Funchal, this stunning modern villa is the perfect abode for those wanting to relax in spacious surroundings whilst knowing you are within easy reach of a wide variety of activities. Set idyllically on the sunny south coast of Madeira, the picturesque city of Funchal acts as a natural amphitheatre facing out to the glistening azure of the Atlantic Ocean, with a majestic ring of lush green maintains serving as its backdrop. Boasting historic sites, museums, beautiful botanical gardens and a wide range of sporting activities including surfing, hiking and golf, you will have plenty to explore right on your doorstep. This stunning example of grand architecture set amongst lush colourful gardens will wow guests with its pastel hued exterior and tall whitewashed pillars set against the bright blue Madeiran sky. The interior will provide guests with...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Situated in a quiet family friendly neighbourhood, just a stone’s throw from the country’s vibrant capital Funchal, you’ll love the plethora of activities on your doorstep. From surfing and whale watching, to breath-taking hikes and a round or two of golf, you have plenty to keep the whole family amused. On Madeira’s sunniest coast, amidst banana plantations and wonderful gardens where flowers bloom all year round in the shelter of the verdant mountains, Funchal is a beautiful city, relaxed by day and exciting by night. You’ll love to amble along Funchal’s picturesque seafront promenade enjoying a drink in one of its many beachfront bars. From here take the cable car to Monte, where you can visit the world-renowned Monte Palace Tropical Garden. And to get back to the Old Town from Monte don’t miss sliding down the steep hill on a traditional wicker toboggan! Once in the old town, be sure to visit some of the fabulous restaurants serving mouth-watering skewered meats, alongside exquisite tapas and heavenly desserts such as honey cake and passion fruit pudding. Football fans will also enjoy a visit to a museum in honour of Madeira’s best loved son Cristiano Ronaldo here. If it’s a golden sandy beach you desire, then head to Machico on the south east coast, where the sand has been imported from Morocco and you can enjoy fantastic swimming and sunbathing opportunities. Situated in Santa Cruz, you’re also in prime position to take advantage of the beautiful surrounding pine landscapes. And with a stunning backdrop of orange houses nestled in green rolling hills, with the largest mountain on the island Pico Ruivo, inviting you to climb its peaks, you’ll love its scenic beauty. Santa Cruz is also home to many wonderful 16th century monuments as well as some delicious fine dining restaurants. There are a wide range of activities on offer on the Island, but one of the most breath-taking has to be a glorious hike along some of the 2,092 kilometres of narrow stone irrigation channels known as levadas, criss-crossing Madeira's lush mountainous countryside into the Laurisilva forest. One of the most scenic is the Levada do Caldeirao Verde, which meanders four miles past leafy glades and plunging ocean views before emerging into a picturesque clearing sprinkled by a 91-meter waterfall. Just spectacular! And for the adrenaline junkies amongst you, try your hand at the many mountain-bike trails that plunge and ascend this beautiful landscape, or throw yourself into some canyoning, which will have you sliding over cascades and abseiling down waterfalls. For the more serene, a wine tasting tour is a must. Head to Camara de Lobos, a lovely traditional fishing village 14km west for a free Madeira wine tasting experience at local producer Henriques & Henriques. Or perhaps the black lava bathing pools of Porto Moniz, 53km north, will provide the perfect day trip, where the meeting of Atlantic waves and a prehistoric volcanic eruption has formed spiky rings of black lava rock along the waterfront turning it into one of the world's weirdest and most beautiful swimming baths. However, you like to spend your holiday, Madeira’s year-round climate and stunning natural scenery, from majestic mountains, rugged cliffs, lush forests and delightful flower gardens, will provide you with everything you need to enjoy a wonderful holiday experience.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €200, charged to clients' credit card 48 hours prior to the arrival and refunded in full after departure, subject to full damage inspection
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : €90 to be paid in cash upon arrival
- Tax : Included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Minimum stay : 5 nights
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included
- Pets welcome? : Pets are not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Smoking & Vaping is not permitted inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Pool heating charge? : €35 per day, to be paid in cash upon arrival