Enchanting Villa with Sea Views, Extensive Grounds, and Stunning Pool
In an idyllic setting nestled between the lush valleys that are typical of the Minho countryside and with views out to the sea, Villa Postiga is an ancient farmhouse close to the fishing town of Vila Praia de Ancora on the Costa Verde.
Constructed from traditional stone and renovated throughout with a combination of rustic charm and modern conveniences, this luxury holiday home offers an atmospheric retreat within enchanting, extensive grounds.
Villa Postiga is set over two floors and offers high quality and impressive accommodation. The charming open plan living/dining space has a spacious sitting area which features a large leather corner sofa and comfortable armchairs. Enjoy the views out over the garden during the day and spend a cosy evening in with a film on the large flat screen television. An elegant table and chairs seats up to eight people and provides a sophisticated dining experience, with the adjacent kitchen...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The villa enjoys a quiet, rural setting and so there are few amenties close by. You'll need a car to reach the nearest shop or minimarket. Country roads dotted with old buildings and places of worship are within walking distance and are a lovely way to get a feel for the culture and way of live in this beautiful part of northern Portugal. Vila Praia de Ancora is a small resort town and just a short drive from the villa. It's the perfect place to spend a day on the sand before enjoying a glorious seafood lunch at one of the many beachfront restaurants. Walk into the town to pick up essentials or indulge in some retail therapy before heading back to the villa. Around a 15-minute drive away is historical Caminha. This town is full of character, with its buildings that span many centuries and styles. Pass through an impressive clock tower that was once the medieval castle's keep and you'll find yourself in Caminha's main square, where many fine examples of architecture can be found. Pause at the 16th century fountain at the heart of the square and then soak up the atmosphere at a cafe terrace with a coffee and local pastry. Porto is just under an hour away by car and is the second largest city in Portugal, as well as one of the oldest. Sitting along the Douro River, the walk from the riverbank into the city will take you down winding, cobbled streets that reveal beautiful houses, churches and squares. One of Porto's most famous attractions is the Livraria Lello. Built over a hundred years ago, this bookshop is more like a grand library with its floor-to-ceiling wooden bookshelves, sweeping red carpet staircase and stained-glass ceiling.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €450 charged to client’s credit card at time of booking and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Tax : Included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Minimum stay : 7 nights between 30/06 - 01/09, otherwise 5 nights
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included
- Pets welcome? : Pets are not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Not permitted inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.