Opulent Villa with Exquisite Views and Glittering Pool
Amidst the lush, green countryside and hills of the Minho region is Casa Carvalho, a traditional stone villa not far from the quaint town of Vila Praia de Ancora.
This ancient farmhouse has been renovated throughout to create a sense of regal luxury. Many original features have been retained and the tasteful choice of furnishings complements the villa’s rich past.
On the ground floor is a large sitting room with three palatial sofas and footstool for extra comfort. There’s also a coffee table, open feature fireplace and doors leading to the outside area. A small staircase will take you up to the first floor.
To the first floor is another sitting room with both living and dining areas. This space features a selection of antique furniture, with the plush sofa and armchairs being ideal for sinking back in comfort and soaking up the atmosphere of the room. A dining table and chairs add further grandeur. The large...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
With Casa Carvalho being in such a rural area, you'll need a car to reach basic amenities such as shops and minimarkets. If you just want to walk around the immediate area for an afternoon stroll, you'll be delighted as you come across several chapels dotted along the quiet country roads. Around 10 minutes away by car is the fishing village of Vila Praia de Ancora with its beautiful sands and large choice of beachfront restaurants. For larger stretches of beach on the Costa Verde, head slightly further north along the coast to Praia de Moledo or Foz do Minho. These beaches are where the sea meets the Minho River and so a variety of water sports are on offer. Kayaking and canoeing are ideal on the calmer waters of the river, whilst the strong winds of the Atlantic provide a surfer's paradise. The historical town of Caminha is approximately 13 km and a 20-minute drive from the villa. The highlight of the old town is the main square, from which many 15th and 16th century buildings are found. A clock tower that was once the medieval castle's keep is a particularly attractive sight as you pass into the square. At its centre is a fountain that has provided a focal point for locals and visitors alike since the 16th century. There's a lovely weekly market where you can pick up fresh produce as well as examples of local pottery and crafts. Around an hour's drive from the villa is the city of Porto. It's Portugal's second largest city and is located along the Douro River estuary. Its historic centre has been recognised as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and features one of the city's oldest monuments, Porto Cathedral. This magnificent building showcases different styles from over several centuries, including Romanesque, Gothic and Baroque.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €450 charged to client’s credit card at time of booking and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Tax : Included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Minimum stay : 7 nights between 30/06 - 01/09, otherwise 5 nights
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included
- Pets welcome? : Pets are not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Not permitted inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.