Delightful and Spacious Villa just a short Walk to the Beach with Dazzling Pool and Terrace
In a quiet coastal setting, backed by dunes and a short walk from the beach, Villa Joaquina is a spacious holiday home on the Troia peninsula of Portugal. Part of a complex of villas, Villa Joaquina enjoys a secure and private situation with a private swimming pool and bright rooms throughout the interior.
The open-plan living area that extends to most of the ground floor is the perfect place for all the family to get together. A comfortable seating area with television and DVD player sits next to another sociable space for relaxing and chatting, which provides access to the pool area via patio doors.
An oversized corner sofa has room for everyone to recline and relax, with a stylish fireplace providing a focal point and further doors leading out onto the outside space. Sharing this area is an elegant dining table and chairs for more formal dining, with the kitchen having a more relaxed country-style table and...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The villa is just 300 m from the beautiful sands of Praia Troia, so you can go from the front door to the beach in a matter of minutes. Restaurants and a supermarket are within easy walking distance also. Being on a peninsula, the beach tends to be quiet, so you can explore the long sandy stretches and warm waters without worrying about crowds. There are beautiful views across the sea to the city of Setubal, and you can even get a ferry from the marina that will take you straight there. If you're lucky, you'll also spot the dolphins that congregate in this area and like to swim near the boats. If you're a keen golfer, you'll be pleased to know that an 18-hole golf course is just 3 km away from the villa. If you prefer something a bit more relaxed, a spa is within easy reach for a pampering session after a long day out. For history lovers, there are the Roman Ruins of Troia to explore. What was once a Roman fish salting complex is now an intriguing site where you can learn more about the trade in the area and the impact it had on local life. Take the 15-minute ferry trip to Setubal, and you'll find plenty of exciting attractions and things to do with the family. The Sado Estuary Nature Reserve is an area of wetland between the Sado estuary and the sea and features countless species of birds. Habitats include marshes, sandbanks, rice paddies and woods, with the opportunity to explore many of these on hiking trails.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 to be held on clients' credit card as guarantee, to be paid at time of booking
- Arrival time : 4 pm
- Departure time : 10 am
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Pool towels are available to rent for an additional cost of €5 per towel per stay
- Pets welcome? : Pets not allowed
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property
- Minimum stay : 7 nights
- Heating costs included? : Central heating is available upon request for an additional cost of €30 per day
- Tax : Tourist Tax included in the rental price
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included
- Pool heating charge? : Pool heating is available upon request for an additional cost of €30 per day
- Changeover day : Saturday in July & August