Elegant Villa close to Beach, Shops, and Golf with Beautiful Garden and Pool
At 10km from Sintra and 20km from Cascais, Villa Valquiria has the two hubs of the beautiful Sintra-Cascais Natural Park within easy reach. This spacious villa with pool is great for golfers, with numerous courses in the region, and for larger groups – it can accommodate up to eighteen guests.
The property sits in attractive gardens that feature a pretty outdoor dining area with enough seating for everyone. There’s a charcoal barbecue, and an array of sun loungers lined up alongside the 12m x 5m L-shaped swimming pool. The garden area surrounds the house and gives children lots of space to play on the lawns.
Villa Valquiria is only 1.3km from Praia das Macas beach, with shops and restaurants even closer. Inside, it’s supremely comfortable, with the living and dining room accessible from the terrace. A smaller living room can accommodate two extra beds if needed, and a well-equipped kitchen is equipped with a fridge...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Hugely popular with visitors, Cascais is around 35 minutes’ drive from Lisbon, just outside the expansive Sintra-Cascais Natural Park which runs down Portugal’s most westerly fringe. Once a small fishing village, it’s now a major resort with the facilities to match, but it hasn’t lost its charm or a sense of its history – you can still see why it was the place to be for the Portuguese nobility of the 1800s. With none of the silliness of the capital, a day spent in Cascais is an easy-going affair. One of its key attractions is the opulent Castro Guimares Museum, featuring artefacts of Portuguese history dating back many centuries. The museum sits in the pretty Jardim Marechal Carmona gardens, and its brightly coloured, decorative facade means you are unlikely to miss it. The Praia da Ribeira is just one of many excellent beaches in the area and centrally located. The walk to the impressive Boca do Inferno cliffs is a popular one and scenic too, while the marina area provides another pleasant spot to while away some time with a drink or two. Around 4km north of Cascais, Estoril is a sophisticated spot famed for both its motorsport racetrack and its centrepiece casino – said to have provided Ian Fleming with the inspiration for a sure James Bond, no less. It lacks the heritage of Cascais, but if you fancy a night at the roulette wheel, or a day at the steering wheel, it’s the place to go. Sintra, on the other hand, is not lacking in history and punches above its weight when it comes to impressive architecture. From the romantic Palacio da Pena with its whimsical details to the arabesque Palacio de Monserrate and gothic Palacio Nacional, it’s worth arranging an organised tour to learn about these sights in more detail. You certainly won’t run out of things to see in a hurry – and if you need a break from it all, the beautiful Guincho beach or landmark Cabo da Roca provide excellent chill-out locations.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 60 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 60 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 60 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 60 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- Security deposit : €800 to be held on clients' credit card as guarantee, to be paid at time of booking
- Arrival time : 4 pm
- Departure time : 10 am
- Security deposit : Maid to do extra cleaning or cooking: upon request (not included in the rental price)
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Included in the rental price
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Pets welcome? : Pets not allowed
- Changeover day : Saturday from mid June to mid September
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking inside the villa
- Heating costs included? : Not included in the rental price, €70 per day
- Tax : Not included in the rental price. To be paid at time of booking. €1 per adult (over 12) per night up to max 3 nights
- Minimum stay : 7 nights
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included
- Other Ts and Cs : Extra beds available upon request