Elegant Villa close to Beach, Shops, and Golf with Beautiful Garden and Pool
At 10km from Sintra and 20km from Cascais, Villa Valquiria has the two hubs of the beautiful Sintra-Cascais Natural Park within easy reach. This spacious villa with pool is great for golfers, with numerous courses in the region, and for larger groups – it can accommodate up to eighteen guests.
The property sits in attractive gardens that feature a pretty outdoor dining area with enough seating for everyone. There’s a charcoal barbecue, and an array of sun loungers lined up alongside the 12m x 5m L-shaped swimming pool. The garden area surrounds the house and gives children lots of space to play on the lawns.
Villa Valquiria is only 1.3km from Praia das Macas beach, with shops and restaurants even closer. Inside, it’s supremely comfortable, with the living and dining room accessible from the terrace. A smaller living room can accommodate two extra beds if needed, and a well-equipped kitchen is equipped with a fridge...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Hugely popular with visitors, Cascais is around 35 minutes’ drive from Lisbon, just outside the expansive Sintra-Cascais Natural Park which runs down Portugal’s most westerly fringe. Once a small fishing village, it’s now a major resort with the facilities to match, but it hasn’t lost its charm or a sense of its history, you can still see why it was the place to be for the Portuguese nobility of the 1800s. With none of the silliness of the capital, a day spent in Cascais is an easy-going affair. One of its key attractions is the opulent Castro Guimares Museum, featuring artefacts of Portuguese history dating back many centuries. The museum sits in the pretty Jardim Marechal Carmona gardens, and its brightly coloured, decorative facade means you are unlikely to miss it. The Praia da Ribeira is just one of many excellent beaches in the area and centrally located. The walk to the impressive Boca do Inferno cliffs is a popular one and scenic too, while the marina area provides another pleasant spot to while away some time with a drink or two. Around 4km north of Cascais, Estoril is a sophisticated spot famed for both its motorsport racetrack and its centrepiece casino, said to have provided Ian Fleming with the inspiration for a sure James Bond, no less. It lacks the heritage of Cascais, but if you fancy a night at the roulette wheel, or a day at the steering wheel, it’s the place to go. Sintra, on the other hand, is not lacking in history and punches above its weight when it comes to impressive architecture. From the romantic Palacio da Pena with its whimsical details to the arabesque Palacio de Monserrate and gothic Palacio Nacional, it’s worth arranging an organised tour to learn about these sights in more detail. You certainly won’t run out of things to see in a hurry and if you need a break from it all, the beautiful Guincho beach or landmark Cabo da Roca provide excellent chill-out locations.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €800 charged to client’s credit card before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4 pm
- Departure time : 10 am
- Security deposit : Maid to do extra cleaning or cooking: upon request (not included in the rental price)
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Bed linen and bath towels are included in the rental price. Please bring your own pool towels.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in rental price.
- Heating costs included? : Central hesating not included in the rental price,: Extra €70 per day, optional, paid locally.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included in rental price
- Minimum stay : 7 nights
- Changeover day : Saturday from June 22nd to September 20th any day for the remainder of the year
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Not permitted.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights
- Tax : Not included in the rental price. To be paid at time of booking. €1 per adult (over 12) per night up to max 3 nights.
- Other Ts and Cs : Extra beds available upon request
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.