Stunning Villa with Fantastic Views, Pool, and Wraparound Terrace
With breathtaking views of sprawling vineyards, olive groves and surrounding picturesque villages, Moradia Sabrosa is a luxurious villa situated in the heart of the world-famous Douro Valley wine region.
This quirky looking villa is a typical example of a local schist stone-built home and has been extensively renovated from an old ruin. Many pieces of the antique furniture are Portuguese in origin, creating a real sense of heritage that sits beautifully alongside the characterful décor throughout. Large feature windows have been included to make the most of the stunning views and they flood the villa with natural light.
Set over split level, the living/dining area is extensive and features a range of comfortable seating options, including large leather sofas and colourful plush armchairs. A period fireplace has been converted into an attractive television centre with DVD player and selection of DVD’s. Other...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Situated within one of the world's oldest wine regions in a charming village setting, Moradia Sabrosa is the perfect base from which to explore the various wine-producing villages that populate the Douro Valley area. There are several private farms that offer food and wine tastings and these can be arranged during your stay. Provesende can be easily reached after a short drive on roads cut into the steep hills of the valley. Within the county of Sabrosa, this small, ancient village enjoys an elevated position and quiet, winding streets. Many of the historical buildings remain untouched and highlights include the 18th century Baroque church and fountain. Pretty little village houses sit alongside crumbling 17th century aristocratic manors for an atmospheric feel as you stroll round the main square and surrounding streets. Watch the world go by as you sit outside the friendly cafe with a coffee or enjoy a leisurely lunch at the restaurant serving a range of local dishes. Around 40 km south of the villa is the town of Lamego. Full of history, architecture and culture, there are fascinating sights around every corner. The most striking is the Santuario Nossa Senhora dos Remedios, an 18th century pilgrimage shrine set upon a hill and reached via a monumental stairway. The building features several terraces of beautiful Baroque structures and designs, and the views down over the town's wide avenue and surrounding countryside are simply amazing. Within the historical centre of Lamego are several other must-see attractions, including Lamego Museum with its huge collection of ancient artefacts and gold chapel and a 12th century cathedral. There's no shortage of cafes and restaurants in which to take a break after a long day of sightseeing, with many dotted along the attractive avenue in the heart of the town.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €450 charged to client’s credit card at time of booking and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Tax : Included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Minimum stay : 5 nights
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included
- Pets welcome? : Pets are not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Not permitted inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.