Charming Villa with Breathtaking Views and Beautiful Pool
Nestled in the hills of the world-famous Douro Valley and with breathtaking views over classic vineyards and olive groves, Villa Marao is a distinctive holiday home set within unspoilt countryside.
Converted from an old school house, the villa has been carefully restored and extended to retain its charm and some original features. The sleek, stylish furnishings create a contemporary look throughout and unique touches make for a very special feel.
On the ground floor is a sizeable open plan living/dining room with a sumptuous extra large corner sofa with room for everyone to enjoy a film together on the flat screen television. A wood burning stove provides an attractive focal point for cosy evenings in. Behind is a dining area with retro-inspired table and chairs for up to twelve people. A quirky play area features two old school desks and a blackboard as a nod to the villa’s previous life as a school house. The fully fitted...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Basic amenities such as shops and cafes are within short driving distance but you'll need to head to a nearby town for supermarkets, restaurants and bars. The villa is an excellent base for touring the surrounding vineyards, many of which offer private tours and tastings. The picturesque town of Pinhão is just a ten minute drive from the villa through winding roads cut into the terraced Douro Valley hillsides. As well as being within a well-known wine-producing region, the town also has a rich port heritage and produces some of the best in the world. You can go on guided tours of wineries and sample some of the local tipples. Pinhão is situated along the Douro River, meaning you can explore the area with a boat tour down the river. During a trip you'll appreciate the steep vineyard terraces from a different perspective and if you're lucky, you'll spot a range of wildlife along the way. Another must-see attraction is Pinhão's railway station, built in 1937 and famous for its decorative blue and white azulejo tiles that depict traditional Portuguese country life. There's also a bar and shop giving you the chance to try some wine and port. Around 12 km from the villa is Provesende, an historical town that's full of interesting sites to explore. Walk down the winding streets and you'll come across a 16th century pillory and 18th century Baroque church and fountain. There are also many old manor houses that sit alongside more modest village cottages to show how rich the area was in past centuries.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €450 charged to client’s credit card at time of booking and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Tax : Included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Minimum stay : 7 nights
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included
- Pets welcome? : Pets are not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Not permitted inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Pool heating charge? : Pool heating is available upon request for an additional charge of €250 per week.