Delightful Villa surrounded by Vineyards with Pool
Villa Le Fauci is a traditional 19th century Tuscan farmhouse with a unique design, converted into a luxury holiday rental in one of the lesser known areas of Tuscany, away from all the crowds yet still within a short drive to Volterra and San Gimignano. Here you are surrounded by olive groves, vineyards and golden fields of wheat that patchwork the landscape, where wild boar, foxes and deer roam freely.
This loving restoration has stayed loyal to the villa’s past, maintaining the original terracotta tiles, gorgeous chestnut wood beams and interior stone walls, whilst adding lavish modern furnishings and the large infinity pool to create the perfect marriage of old and new.
It’s not just the wonderful open-plan living and dining spaces and four fine en suite bedrooms that will impress you here. Climb up the narrow spiral staircase at the very top and be rewarded with the most wonderful Tuscan views from your very...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Situated where the provinces of Pisa, Siena and Florence meet, the villa is just a short distance from the well preserved historical towns of Volterra and San Gimignano. Set in the countryside with just a neighbouring agriturismo next door, the local village is around 1.5km away via a country lane passing olive groves and vineyards (it is walking distance if you don’t mind the lack of pavement, otherwise a couple of minutes in the car). Here you will find a restaurant recommended by the owner for its authentic Tuscan cuisine and locally produced wines as well as a small café-bar. There are a couple of useful shops and a pharmacy in the next village whilst the nearest supermarket can be found around a 15-minute drive away. There are lots of Tuscany’s most beautiful towns and villages to explore close by. Start off in Volterra (24km), a charming medieval town with Renaissance architecture as well as a fascinating Etruscan history. The famous San Gimignano (36km) is also a delight and much loved by tourists with its enchanting lanes and many towers. San Miniato (36km) is also known to be one of Tuscany’s prettiest villages, perhaps combined with a trip to Leonardo da Vinci’s birthplace in Vinci (56km) or a trip to the picturesque and historic town of Empoli (51km) in the Arno valley. The artistic delights of both Florence (81km) and Siena (75km) can also be reached by car for the most wonderful day out, admiring the incredible Tuscan landscapes as you drive through the surrounding countryside. There is also so much to see in the charming city of Pisa (52km), not just its leaning tower, or head even further north to the gorgeous walled town of Lucca (55km) with its incredible Renaissance architecture and beauty.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Wheelchair access
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €400 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes (except air-conditioning - see below).
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €50 per pet per week will apply (payable locally).
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Changeover day : Saturday from June to mid-September. Flexible during any other periods.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Heating costs included? : Extra €4,50 per unit/cubic meter, payable locally.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air conditioning not included €0,45 per kw, payable locally.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and any other special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges. Please note stag/hen parties are not allowed.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (May to September) or 4 nights at other times.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately end-April to end-October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.