Historic 7-Bedroom Countryside Manor with Heated Pool
In the glorious Sarthe valley, surrounded by rivers and wonderful countryside, is the elegant Manoir Les Deux Fonds. With seven beautiful bedrooms, a heated swimming pool and vast gardens, this is a picture perfect place to relax and explore this charming region of the Loire valley.
As soon as you walk in the elegant entrance hall you will be taken aback by the beautifully tiled floors and the exquisite spiral staircase. This is the owner’s home, dating back to the nineteenth century and they have decorated and styled it with refined taste and charm. There is an elegant yet warm ambience and throughout the manor house you can see the owner’s passion for hunting, with many trophies and paintings on display.
You will feel instantly at home with the sumptuous living room, the classic and comfortable library and the light and airy billiard room. Keen cooks are given plenty of space in the welcoming French kitchen whilst the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
The region of Sarthe is brilliantly located in the eastern Loire, not so far from both Paris and the ferry ports towards the north-west. It is full of charming villages, characterful towns, wonderful markets and beautiful countryside as well as the idyllic Sarthe river. The <i>manoir</i> is just 2km away from the little village of Avoise on the river Sarthe. There are some pretty nature trails and gentle walks around the village and surrounding countryside and you can also visit the village’s old <i>lavoir.</i> Your nearest shops, bakery, cafes and restaurants are in Parcé-sur-Sarthe (6km), a characterful village just a short drive away, following the river eastwards. Nearby, just to the north of Avoise, is <em>Asnières</em><i>-</i>sur-Vegre, a small ‘village of character’ on the river Vegre with some beautiful buildings, old churches and the lovely Jardin Mosaïque. Sablé-sur-Sarthe (14km) is another lovely town where you have a greater choice of facilities and restaurants and you can take a river boat on the Sarthe. Here is there is also a train station where you can get the TGV to Paris in just over an hour. Solesmes (10km) is a pretty place to explore yet the main attraction is the Abbey Saint-Pierre of Solesmes, one of the most substantial Benedictine abbeys in the world. Originally dating back to 1010, the current community of monks has been established there since the early 20<sup>th</sup> century and the abbey church is open to visitors where you can hear the Gregorian chants. One of the best michelin starred restaurants in the area is located in la Fleche, just 30mins away. There is plenty in terms of activity with horse-riding within a short drive, golf and tennis within fifteen minutes and lots of wonderful walks and hikes in the region. Kids will love La Fleche zoo (33km) or the nearby Manoir de la Cour (4km), a child friendly history museum in <em>Asnières</em><i>. </i>Those looking to explore the great chateaux of the Loire Valley shouldn’t miss Le Château du Lude (50km) or the magnificent Château de Villandry (102km) amongst many more. Famous Le Mans (40km) is the most famous highlight of this area. It is of course well known for hosting the annual racing event, yet the city has so much more to offer. The old town has cobbled streets and 15<sup>th</sup> century timbered houses and has a wonderful museum which showcases its archaeological history. There are some beautiful parks to explore and some amazing restaurants to visit. Further afield there are some stunning parts of France to discover. Head south to the heart of the Loire Valley to Angers (67km), the lively University city with a great café culture, or further down to Saumur (85km) on the Loire with its 10<sup>th</sup> century chateau and equestrian heritage, not forgetting some incredible wine tasting. To the north, a day trip to Mont Saint-Michel (155km) is possible or a little further to Bayeux (230km) and the amazing D-Day beaches or Normandy. Not forgetting the remarkable city of Paris, only just over one hour by TGV train from nearby Sablé-sur-Sarthe or Le Mans.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 charged to client's credit card prior to arrival.
- Arrival time : Between 5.00 p.m. and 8.00 p.m.
- Departure time : Before 11.0.0 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : €100/day, when required.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels. Mid-stay change for bookings of more than one week also included.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay clean for bookings of more than one week also included.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures
- Changeover day : Saturday from mid June to mid September. Flexible during all other periods.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights from mid June to mid September. 3 nights during all other periods.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings/Stag&Hen Parties and othe celebrations are not authorised.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open from approximately mid-May to end-October.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that during the ’24 Heures Du Mans’ racing event, advertised rates do not apply (minimum stay may differ also) - please contact us for a full, up to date quote.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that the private swimming pool will be available from 1st June 2019 only.