Restored 18th-Century Estate Home with 9 Bedrooms
Manoir Normand is the perfect coming together of beauty, history, French elegance and exceptional taste.
Right in the heart of the historical Bayeux, and set in a substantial, enclosed and quiet garden, guests are only a 5-minute stroll away from renowned restaurants, excellent shops, a museum, the towns medieval cathedral and Queen Mathilde’s UNESCO classified Bayeux Tapestry. Other famous sites and towns are also within easy reach from here and plenty of activities are on offer, such as cooking courses, tours of landing beaches and Calvados cellars, sand yachting and cycling.
The beautiful and impressive 18th-century manoir has been lovingly restored with impeccable taste and elegance, celebrating French style and charm alongside modern creature comforts. It can accommodate 14 guests in its 7 en-suite bedrooms or suites, kitchen, dining-room and its four different sitting rooms spread across its 360 square metres...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Manoir Normand is in the heart of Bayeux, just five minutes stroll from the local bakery, green-grocers and butchers and ten minutes from the town's famous restaurant, which also offers delivery to the Manoir. The historic town is well known for the UNESCO classified Bayeux Tapestry, depicting the Norman’s conquest of England and the medieval cathedral is also just a short walk away. It is a beautiful town with many renowned restaurants, historical buildings and interesting museums about this fascinating part of Normandy. The town is also a great base for exploring the D-Day Landing beaches which are just a short drive away. Arromanches (12km) and Omaha (24km) are examples of two beaches of historical importance as well as the batteries and cliffs of Longues-sur-Mer (12km) just north of Bayeux. Private guided tours of this area can be arranged for guests. This part of Normandy has so many activities on offer. Sand yachting is very popular on the coast with centres in Asnelles (13km) and Omaha (24km), plus there are other watersports such as kayaking, diving, sailing and stand-up paddling nearby. Further inland you will find horse-riding and cycling, including a centre that will hire out electric bikes and offer guided tours of the area. Alternatively, if you are looking for a slower pace then be sure to visit one of the fine Calvados cellars and learn how the drink is made. If you have more time on your hands then there is so much in Normandy to discover. Head inland to beautiful towns and timeless villages, explore the regions gastronomic delights or head to the coast whether it is the local wide sandy beaches or the rugged cliffs a little further away. Highlights of the area include one of France's oldest University cities, Caen (30km), the seaside town of Deauville (78km) from the 'la belle époque' era and the stunning granite island of Mont St Michel (90km).
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid by bank transfer to the owner at least one month before arrival and refunded approximately two weeks after departure, subject to inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 - 8.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including bathrobes and slippers for the 'wellness room'.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Changeover day : Any day of the week.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Minimum stay : 3 nights.
- Other Ts and Cs : Small weddings for up to 30 guests are welcome. Stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not allowed.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi
- Tax : Included
- Other Ts and Cs : The Cart Barn is available for rental only to the same party, as additional accommodation to the Manoir.